Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Crooked River State Park

Monday November 24-Its moving day....and I didn't get any sleep last night. My little dachund seems to be under the weather. So we got an early start, on the road by 8 a.m. To make it better our other dog puked up this morning. I hope my day gets better...not the way I like to start my day. It was super wet outside from all the rain. Rain is still in the forecast so I guess I should be grateful there was a break in the weather. It was kind of foggy to start but that burned off. We traveled roughly 200 miles to Crooked River State Park. This was a return visit and we didn't have any reservations. Jeff checked online and there were spots available. We decided on site #57. Its big pull through. We have 50 amp service and a water hookup. We had cable available too. The laundry facilities were nice, only $.75 to wash and dry. Soffee seems to feel better so we took them for a walk.




 
 
Tuesday November 25-Another long night with Soffee, she was up all night and so was I. I know she has a tummy ache but she just isn't acting like herself. It suppose to rain today so we went to the store and put fuel in the truck. I wasn't gonna go cause I was afraid to leave the dog, but she started acting better.  When we got back Soffee was spunky so went for a walk before the rain started. I also took advantage of the laundry. We had leftovers and watched the rain roll in. Tomorrow we move on down south...Florida here we come.
 
 

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn and Jeff! Mike and I met you a year ago at Skidaway Island State Park and have been reading your blog ever since! We had the exact same site at Crooked River before Skidaway, isn't it great? Enjoy Florida, we'll be there (God willing!) in February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we remember you guys. Hope our paths cross again, maybe in Florida!

      Delete
  2. I sure your dog feels better soon. Sounds like she is really struggeling. Miss you guys. Just met another retired firefighter working with us here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soffee is doing much better although she is 14. Hope all is well with you and we look forward to sharing stories in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete