Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

We made it to Palo

October 1st we headed out to Palo, and there state park Pleasant Creek. We timed that just right cause the price just went down to $11.00 a night. Jeff made reservations and had a spot with a good view of the lake. We parked at site #22. There aren't water hookups and  we only have 30 amp service. We are only gonna be here for a week and the water spigot is right across the street. When we left Morgan creek we took are time cause it's only about 15 miles to Palo. We set up and checked out the place, it's really a pretty park. They updated the 2nd loop and so we wanted to see it. They installed 50 amp service there. Seth invited us over to watch the opener of the Blackhawks...and the raising of the championship banner. When we got back the power was off and the frig was beeping. Jeff had to go out and reset the breaker, that's what we don't like about 30 amp service.


Wednesday was a warm day went for a walk then came back and did a bit if cleaning. Jeff took his kayak out to try fishing but didn't have any luck.


Thursday it was cloudy and rained a bit but cleared up so I went for a bike ride, Jeff also  jumped on his bike to go across the lake to try and fish again....no good. Had a yummy roast for supper.

Friday was a busy, full day. It looked a bit stormy to start but the big stuff missed us. I made some apple crisp which is always a fall favorite. Fixed some veggie soup for later. Then we went to Justin's cause we are going to the Amana Colonies to partake in Octoberfest. Wow there are some serious drinkers there. It didn't rain and we had fun with Justin&Georgie. I drove home, and had quite the light show with the lightening.




Saturday we got up early to take our dogs for there shots. Then we waited to hear from Jeff's brother who was coming up for a visit. We met them at Seth's house and visited  for awhile. Seth and Katie had to go somewhere else so we would meet up with them later. Justin and Georgie joined us for lunch at Bushwoods. It was yummy. It was really busy cause it's a sports bar and the Hawkeyes were playing. After lunch we went to a movie "Gravity" and it was really good. Went back to see Seth & Katie and the kids. Fritz & Shawn decided to come out to the HOW and spend the night. Good thing we had veggie soup for supper. We just did some visiting, which was really nice.

Sunday I had one thing on my mind.... Haileys birthday cake. I had made the cakes ahead I just needed to put it together. Well it went together really good, and I frosted it and princessed it up. Well Fritz and Shawn left and then we had to get ready to head in for the party. I looked over at the cake and it was settling and not looking so great. I started to get upset but that was nothing compared to what happened in transit. It didn't completely fall apart but I was about crying cause it sure didn't look like what I had envisioned. I tryed to repair it when we got there but I couldn't really fix it . I learned I'm never going to stack cakes again, going to stick with sheet cakes . The cake was perfect to Hailey, she loved it and Jeff kept telling me that that's all that mattered. The weather was really chilly but that didn't hinder our party. Hailey was excited over every single present and was a blast to watch. She loved her quilt and princess dress. The cake tasted better than it looked and the party was a huge success, I cant believe Hailey is 3 years old.... Oh how time flys!





Monday I needed to rest up cause I always get myself worked up about these cakes. We walked with the dogs. I gave Jeff a haircut. We watched some tv and had chicken noodle soup for supper. We picked up stuff for our move tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment