Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

M.C. For 2 more weeks

Tuesday September 17th we took off with an extra passenger.... Noodles are grand dog, she had to sit on my lap cause I spent the travel time picking all those burrs out of her hair . She did so good and I was so happy that I didn't have to give her some kind of goofy haircut. We tried a different spot this time and we backed right in. I love when that happens. We set up and I took the dog back home and borrowed there washer and dryer. It's so much easier to do sheets and towels in a regular sized washer. So I made good use of my time. While I was waiting on my laundry I went to work cleaning Ashton's bedroom.

Wednesday I went into town to redeem my gift certificate for a pedicure. I just can't get used to that, I giggle when they scrub my feet. Why is it they aren't very friendly??? I haven't had a lot of pedicures but I always feel like I'm in a different country or something. While we were out we picked up a movie to watch at Walgreens. This brings up another subject .... What's with all the coupons, cards, etc. We had a heck of a time getting the prices that were posted on the product. First you have to use your card, then there are coupons from the flyer and next you have coupons from a book.... Really could we make this any more difficult? Then when you try to get the correct prices the people in line behind you look at you like your nuts.. Just saying....
Went to Ashton's hockey practice followed by a meet and greet ... You got to meet the hockey team "Rough Riders" Ashton got to be a human slingshot on the ice and that's what he was looking forward to.





Thursday was a lazy day, hung around home and then in the afternoon we picked up Hailey at daycare do we got some Sissy time which is always good .

Friday was a cooler day so we started the day with a fire. A storm came through last night so had a bit of cleaning to do. The bikes and chairs needed wiped off. Jeff put a turkey in the crock pot ... The grand kids are coming for supper and going to spend the night. We had a busy evening for sure... It's hard to keep both of them happy. We had popcorn with our movie.

Saturday started with pancakes and sausage, everyone liked that. We went for a walk but then had to pass the kids off to Nana at 1:00. After that we went to a movie  " Prisoner's ".....so good! Home for chili and time to relax . It's so fun to have those kiddos around but they can wear you out.





Sunday fall arrives officially, so that's good news who doesn't love fall? I actually read a book today ... I sat and read the whole thing. So needless to say it was a quiet day .

New week, nice weather!  I went to the campground host to see if I could borrow here concrete pad. It's easier to put your quilt together on. So while I was doing that we did some visiting, I'm really good at that. Justin's invited us over for supper, funny thing we brought our steak, twice backed potatoes and a can of veggies. We even picked him up a steak at the store.

Tuesday Justin brought his truck over. Jeff told him he would wash, wax , and detail it for $75.00. So we worked on that. I gave Belle a haircut. I think I'm getting better at grooming. I put up a little Halloween decorations. When Jeff went to pick up Justin and give him his truck he was pleasantly surprised to find out that the truck cleaning was our birthday gift to him. He was very happy.

Wednesday was another project to do. Drove to Seth's and started more laundry . Then the fun begins, first I cleaned out Hailey's closet. Can you tell I'm kind of an organizer freak? Then the big project.. There garage it was packed with stuff. We officially went over to sign for a package. So this was kind of a surprise. It was an all day thing. The good news they loved it and it looked good!!



Thursday we drove out to Palo to check a couple sites. We are thinking that's our next stop. The rates go down Oct. 1st to $11.00 a night. It looks like a good fit so Jeff's going to reserve it. We got back and he took care of that plus, we found a vet to get the dogs shots. We called around and it seems really expensive around here. We found a vet and it's about. $100.00 cheaper, what's up with that? Then we went back over to get all the junk that we cleaned out of the kids garage. We drove clear across town to dump the stuff. 

Friday Jeff felt like he needed to go back to the garage and fix their garage door opener. While he was busy with that I went to get some groceries and I even got stuff for my Christmas ornaments.  To finish out the night a movie. "Rush " it was really good.

Saturday it rained most of the day so we stayed around the camper. I got some Christmas pjs ordered for the kids . It's a tradition. We watched a movie and had supper. We drove over to Justin's cause we headed to watch the season opener of the a Rough Riders. We all got in Justin's truck and headed to the stable. It was a good game but they lost, boo.

Sunday we had a fire and listened to a Bayside message over my phone. Seth called and invited us over to try a piece of cheesecake, it was Cheesecake Factory cheesecake . So yummy that Jeff went to the store and got one. Came home and quilted and watched tv.

Monday we did a little cleaning and a little shopping. Wanted to make sure we had what we needed for the week ahead. I got some honey crisp apples... Yum that's a sure sign of fall lots of apples. We packed things away for the move tomorrow. Kind of excited about going to a different spot.





No comments:

Post a Comment