Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hi Ho Hi Ho Across The Town We Go......

Tuesday September 3rd we got ready to make the trek across town. It was another pretty day. As we were leaving our friends were pulling in. It's so nice doing this crazy thing you meet so many nice people. We arrived without problems which is always a good thing. The spot on the top of the hill was vacant so we backed her in. Across the road was another Cameo, he came over and talked a bit before they pulled out. We had talked to them before, they talked to us about joining the Iowa chapter of the Carriage Club. I spent the day catching up on laundry....(fun) then headed to the store to stock up. A very productive day.

Wednesday started the day with coffee and a campfire, not a bad way to start the day. Then I went into town to cut off this hair. I thought I would try to grow it out but I couldn't take it anymore. That's more work then I want to do. After all the hassle I still didn't like the way it looked and I needed to comb it, what's the fun in that?

Thursday the 5th is our Grandsons birthday. He turned 8 today which is crazy, I can't believe he is 8 already. He already had his party but we met them for supper. Of course I had to sing to him.? How can those grand kids have such an effect on your heart... That's a powerful love for sure.

Friday was a nice day, went for a walk and then after getting a bunch of new DVD's I put them in alphabetical order....I know I'm silly like that. Then I got started on Hailey's princess dress. She has a birthday in October and she wants a princess dress so that's what I'll make.

Saturday it got hot again and I'm one that likes summer but really this steaming hot weather is getting old. I worked a lot on Hailey's dress. Since the weather is so hot I thought we'd do some summer dishes. I made some  potato salad, and fresh green beans for supper. Then we headed downtown to watch our son Justin play at White Star. It was acoustic show and we enjoyed it once we found a place to park.

Sunday we downloaded a message from a church we visited in Florida, we watched it on TV and it was great. We stayed here all day. I actually finished Haileys dress and I love it sooo much I can't wait to give it to her. I had to wrap it up so I wouldn't give it to her early. It did sprinkle a little today.


Monday another scorcher. I cut Jeff's hair and colored mine. Another bonus with short hair easier to color. Did some cleaning inside, also did some phone calls. Then we had plans to go into town and meet for dinner with our new friends, John  & Janie. We met up at Granite City and had a great time. The food was good too.

Tuesday I worked on a photo book on line. Had a coupon for a free book so I couldn't resist that. Then I decided to make a scrapbook for a friend that had a baby. Went into town to purchase some things for that. To finish off the night we met Seth & Ashton at the ice arena to watch the opening preseason game of the Rough Riders. We won!!!


Wednesday September 11th always a day that causes people to stop and think.  You can't help feeling a bit sad on this day. It's one of those things that you always remember we're you were at and what you were doing...
We watched a movie today. Then I got started cutting fabric for a new quilt. It was a bit cooler today...yeah!

Thursday....perfect weather went for a walk. Jeff worked on washing and waxing the truck. I worked on my quilt. I also made spaghetti bread for supper.


Friday the 13th.... Yikes!! We had a campfire this morning cause the weathers so nice.  I sewed cause once I start a project I can't quit. Went in to a movie (2 Guns) it was ok.


Saturday we went in to Seth's cause Ashton had a fire safety project and wanted Papas help. Katie had made some copies of there new family pictures. So I replaced them when we got home. We watched some  TV to end our Saturday night .

Sunday listened to another message from Bayside.  Did some sewing.I got a phone call from a friend of mine and had a great conversation. Such a nice surprise. After supper we had a visitor...Seth brought over there dog Noodles, we are dog sitting for a couple days.

Monday three dogs to take care. We walked them and they are getting along very good. We visited with a couple from Keokuk. Just hung around here today. We put some things away for our move tomorrow. I got stated on that scrapbook. Watched the season premier of Dancing with the Stars.


Tuesday was moving day. We had an extra dog so instead of leaving 3 dogs in the truck we tied Noodles outside while we were hitching up. We had a little glitch with our water pump loosing its prime. When I looked over at Noodles I was shocked!!!!! Her whole face was one big matted burr mess. You couldn't even see one eye. I was in tears.. I called Katie and warned her I might have to cut all those burrs out but.. I worked very hard and long to get every one of those burrs out. I didn't even have to cut out one. So it ended with a happy ending. Yeah!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment