Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Sunday, August 23, 2020

A Shopping We Will Go

Monday June 22- We woke up to rain and it looked like we had a chance of rain on and off all day. We decided to go to the trailer with some of the measurements of the furniture we looked at Sunday after church. We figured out where and if it would all fit like we planned. I think we have it figured. Every time we go over there we like it more. It was such a big decision we hoped we wouldn't regret it. I don't think that's going to happen because we just get more excited. After leaving here we went to Menard's and looked around. Found some lights and lamps we liked, but for now just looking. Then we came home for lunch. We both had lots rolling around in our minds. So we got back in the car and went back to the other side of town. This time we wanted to go to the Sleep Number store and check out there beds. We bought one for our RV bed about 10 years ago and both love it, so we want one in our new place too. Then we went back to the furniture store and found more stuff we liked. Here are a few things we will be purchasing.






Tuesday June 23- Today we woke up to nice weather. The temperature had dropped and so has the humidity. Guess where we are going? Yep made a trip to town. This time Lowe's another Menard's, and some other stores too. When you sell everything, it makes for a whole lot of stuff you need to get.
Jeff decided to go ahead and get his mower and they had a side table there we liked, we got that too. Jeff thinks about big things like TV's etc...I think about detail things.I got some things for the kitchen. Stuff like canisters etc. We are starting to get things figured out.

Wednesday June 24- Today was cleaning day at Seth's. So after finishing there I ran to target to look around. Found some towels on clearance. I also went by the trailer because they called to say the shed was in. I wanted to go by and look. He sent Jeff a picture, I wanted to see it too. We both like it.





















Good thing we got that mower. Now we have a place to store it.


Thursday June 25- Big day today, we are heading in to place a big furniture order. When we went in the first time on Sunday, Al helped us and did a good job. We waited until he came back to work to place our order. I had everything wrote down. I went through and ordered everything. The couch, recliners, kitchen table & chairs, dresser, bed & frame, and then Jeff found more. So we added a desk and a futon. It is going to take about 5 or 6  weeks to get most of it. The recliners won't get here until the end of August. Before heading home I wanted to stop at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I did some looking in there and found a few things. We came home then and sat outside a bit. Our camping loop is almost already full for the weekend.

Friday June 26- Today I woke up and thought I wanted to organize around here. I started in the bedroom and worked my way out. I cleaned out every drawer, cabinet and closet. It took a good portion of the day. When I finished I really thought I accomplished something. Tomorrow I will finish cleaning.

Saturday June 27- It is extremely hot out there today. After cleaning the shower houses I came back and continued with the cleaning. I got our place all cleaned up. We are suppose to have company tomorrow but now they won't be arriving until Monday. We figured we would spend most of the day and evening inside. With the heat and all the campers asking questions. After lunch we went in to Menard's to get those lamps and a kitchen light. We wanted to replace the one that is there.
















        Next we wanted to go by the trailer, they were suppose to start on the deck this weekend, if the weather was good. We went by and was happy to see that indeed they have started. He has quite a bit done.




After leaving here we went by Justin's to pick up a book of movies. We left them over the winter. We thought we could watch something different tonight. We ordered a pizza at Pizza World and picked it up on the way home. It is a new pizza spot for us. I thought it was good, Jeff said he liked Tomaso's pizza better.

Sunday June 28- Again this park is full to capacity. When we got up this morning it was super foggy. Got busy with our cleaning. It has really been hot. My hummingbirds haven't been around much this weekend. I have been filling the window feeder up 3 times a day. Not today I haven't had to fill it up until after supper. We watched as people started pulling out. We had new campers circling waiting for a walk in site. It has been crazy today with questions. We decided to get out of here and go see how the deck is coming along. Jeff didn't think there was any way he could finish it today. This guy was working on it solo. When we arrived both of us were happy to see how far he has come. He will definitely have it done today. The people at the park will be putting on the skirting.




We left here and went to Theisen's. Wanted to look for outdoor furniture, now that we have seen that nice deck.  We found a swing and a couple chairs with a table. They were both on sale. Jeff will bring the truck tomorrow and pick them up. One last stop before home. Went to the store to get a dessert for our company tomorrow. Then we came home. Jeff wanted to sit outside before supper. It really hard to sit out there because we have so many campers stopping by with questions. We are full for the next weekend.


Monday June 29- After doing our camp host cleaning jobs Jeff took the truck in to pick up our new outdoor furniture. I stayed here and did some cleaning up inside. Our friends Jeffrey and Maren are arriving today and coming over for supper. They arrived about 11 o'clock. We visited for a bit then they went home for lunch. We got back together for an early happy hour. Then we moved inside to have supper. We had lots to catch up on. They are full time travelers too. With all this virus stuff going on they to had to change there plans. They only are here today and on the road tomorrow.




Tuesday June 30- Seth brought Hailey out this morning. She will be staying the night tonight. We went to say good bye to Jeffrey and Maren. Jeff and Hailey then went on a bike ride. It's really hot outside today. When they got back they were hot and exhausted. Came inside to cool off. Had lunch and then Hailey took a nap. We fixed supper and with the heat we decided to have a movie night again. Hailey picked out the movie, made our tickets and numbered our seats. Even with her nap she was ready for bed fairly early.

Wednesday July 1- This month started off with a bang. When I woke up I was so dizzy I could hardly get out of bed. It seems my meineres disease has decided to show up. I can't even remember the last time I had an episode. For you that don't know what this is, it effects your ears or ear. It makes your ear feel full, like full of cotton. That's not the bad part. It gives you serious vertigo. Where you can't even walk. Keeping your head up is hard, opening your eyes is impossible. Then you get so sick. I didn't even get up out of bed until 1 o'clock. I still felt a bit dizzy but I could move. I spent the rest of the day sleeping on and off in the chair. Jeff took care of Hailey and Seth came and picked her up. I sure hope this is a one time event. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I know there isn't a lot you can do for this.

Thursday July 2- I woke up and felt way better than yesterday. I did my cleaning tasks here and then I went to Justin's. They do not have daycare today. I took my laundry over and did it there. Then Maddyn came home with me. We fixed lunch and then I put her down for a nap. I do feel better but I am far from 100%. Maddyn took a good nap and when she got up she was ready to play. We also welcomed Jan and Jerry into the park. They have just started there full time RV adventures and are here for a week. Jan is my best friends sister. We played outside until time for supper. Just as we were sitting down to eat Justin and Molly showed up. They hung around and visited for a while and then headed home. That little girl wore me out today.


Friday July 3- It is a hot hot day out there. I went to take care of my bird feeders. The window hummingbird feeder was just about to break when I brought it in. I was very careful and glued the piece down hoping it would work. Then I went to take the feeder outside being very careful....well I dropped it and busted it up real good. No glue gonna fix that. My birds are going to be upset. I decided to move my others closer so they would have some juice. Then Jeff and I went to town. I needed some produce and fruit. I went to Aldi's, Jeff went to fill up the car. We got home and sat outside in the shade. The only place you can sit without melting. While we were outside Jan and Jerry came over to visit. Then Lenny showed up. We visited a bit and everyone went home. We fixed some supper. Was sitting outside when Judy and Don showed up. Judy is my best friend and she and her husband are spending the holiday weekend with her sister and husband. We went over and visited with them for a while before calling it a night.



Saturday July 4- Went up to clean and on my way back I see Jan. Jerry, Judy and Don sitting outside so I stopped to talk. It is really going to be a scorcher today. I went home and cleaned up. I fixed something to eat. I started feeling dizzy again. I took some medicine and hoped for the best. Lucky for me it went away instead of going full blown attack. We didn't really have any big plans for the day. We just stayed around here and tried to stay cool. We started fixing supper and right before it was ready I had another dizzy spell. This one sent me to bed to lay down for a bit. I was able to get back up and eat. More medicine and I started to feel better. We went back over to see the gang and visit. The evening ended with a beauty of a light show and I'm not talking fireworks. The moon was something to see tonight.



Happy 4th of July to everyone, hope you had a wonderful weekend with your friends and families.


Sunday July 5- Today is going to be hot again. When we cleaned the shower houses this morning we couldn't believe how clean they were. We visited with our neighbors. I cleaned up and sat outside when it was bearable. We watched the campers leave. They were leaving early I think to avoid the heat. We said good bye to Judy and Don. Didn't do much the rest of the day.     So long for now.....





























































No comments:

Post a Comment