Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

This Place is Popular

Monday May 25- It's Memorial day and it was almost rain free. We sat and watched the campers roll out after a long weekend. We went down to the beach to witness all the people at the beach. Not only are there swimmers but I don't think I have ever seen so many kayaks in the lake. This virus has forced people outside I think. Jeff finished off this day with a jam session down in Palo.

Tuesday May 26- Surprised that we had another nice day out there. After cleaning the shower houses I went in to to go to Aldi's. When I got home I started the laundry. I had to bring it in a couple times because we had a few random showers. I did get to enjoy my swing chair until the knats came a visiting.

Wednesday May 27- Just the usual stuff...cleaning the shower houses. Then home and some cleaning here. They mowed today so we had some cleaning up on that. Our walk in sites are full for the weekend. I did get a lot of  quilting done. I only have one more row of blocks before starting on the border. We had quite the range of weather today......sunny, cloudy, rain, repeat. Also I should mention we have been bombarded with camping questions. Lots of new campers this year.

Thursday May 28- Another gray and gloomy day. After getting my work done here at the campground I drove in to Seth and Katie's. They have brought me in as there cleaning lady. I got my work done there and came back out to the park. It rained on and off until about 3 o'clock. Then after supper I helped Jeff load up his kayak, he went fishing tonight. I stayed home. I had plenty of people stop by with questions. It's not that I mind answering questions. When they ask, they either don't listen or if you don't give them the answer they want to hear. Funny they come up with all kinds of ideas to make the park work better. It is getting annoying.

Friday May 29- This morning when we got up we noticed a change in the weather. The temps were cooler and the humidity was down. Today we have our doctor appointments after we had to reschedule. The other ones were cancelled because of the virus. It was different going in the office. You had to have a mask, they checked your temperature too. The water fountain was shut off and no magazines to be found. It's very strange to go anywhere anymore. It's a crazy world we are living in. When I got back I needed to fill up my feeders. The orioles aren't coming around as much. The hummingbirds are starting to come back more. About 2:30 we went in to Justin and Molly's. Jeff, Justin and Molly are going golfing. I get to stay with Maddyn. I'm not sure how much fun they had but Maddyn and me had a great time. We went outside and did some sidewalk chalk.




Saturday May 30- When we came home from Justin's last night we brought home their carpet cleaner. This morning I had to go in and get some cleaning solution. Jeff wanted to start on the carpets. We have really good weather to get that done. He started in the bedroom to see how it works. It seems to do a pretty good job. He also did all the throw rugs. He decided to do the rest tomorrow. We hung around the park all day long. The park is full and buzzing. All campsites are full and the beach and lake are really being used too.

Sunday May 31- After doing our camp hosting jobs we came back and got busy cleaning the rest of the carpet. Jeff also cleaned the recliners and the fabric on our kitchen chairs. We went in town and looked at some cars. Just for fun. Then we went over and looked at that trailer. We have looked at it before and both of us kind of liked it. We are always looking in case we need to do some changing.




Our next stop was Seth's. Went over to get Hailey. She is coming home with us. We stopped and got lunch at Culver's. We made our way back to the park. Usually on Sunday we watch all the campers leave. Today right after they left, they rolled back in again. It's a zoo here. We fixed supper and then Hailey wanted to have a movie night. She made signs, tickets for everyone and even numbered are recliners so we could find our seats. She helped papa make some popcorn and we watched our movie.





















Monday June 1- We had a surprise this morning. Jeff went to take the dogs out and spotted 2 baby raccoons up in a tree. He came in and got us and I grabbed my camera. Hailey even came to see.



We left our new neighbors and came back to the rig. Then I went to clean shower house 1. When I finished and walked outside those 2 baby raccoons were waiting for me. They scared me. We did not approach them and kept our distance.









































After cleaning we made breakfast, waffles this morning. Then it did some sprinkling outside so we made cupcakes. Hailey loves to bake. We spent the rest of the day outside, riding the bikes, and iside playing Wii. Sis went home around 3. Then I finished the blocks on my quilt. 

Tuesday June 2- I noticed some tent campers left late last night and left all their trash. Well the good news about that is the baby racoons had some dinner. Did the cleaning of the shower houses and that site. Then before it got to hot I took Ruby for a walk. Guess who we spotted on the walk? Yep our raccoon friends.





















It really got warm out there today. I did the laundry but stayed in most of the day. It got up in the 90's today, and it was humid.

Wednesday June 3- Busy day today. With all the heat and humidity the shower house was a buggy mess. This morning on my walk to the shower house only saw one raccoon. That is probably not good. After cleaning there I went in the Seth's to do my cleaning there. After cleaning there I had to run to Justin's to pick up an amazon box. Then back to pick up Ashton from work. He is coming home with me to go fishing with Papa. The went out but it was super hot and no wind. The both caught some but no keepers. When they got home they were hot and exhausted. Jeff took Ashton home because he has to work tomorrow. We don't get to see Ashton much anymore he is getting older and we aren't as fun I guess.

Thursday June 4- It is another scorcher today. So today I cleaned our place. We just hung around here all day and answered questions from all the campers. This is our 7th year here and I have never seen so many people using this park. Then to make it even more interesting, lots of them are brand new to the sport. They are having record sales in campers, bikes and kayaks. I think lots of those folks are bringing all there new stuff out here to play.

Friday June 5- Again really warm out there. We decided to go for a ride to get away from the park. We have spent a lot of time here with this virus thing. We went to the trailer park again to see if they had that new trailer opened up yet. It wasn't ready so went and looked again at the one we like. When we went in we both still liked it. Sometimes when you see something you like it but when you go back it has lost it luster. Not with us on this one. We have looked at some double wide ones too. When I go in them they just seem so big. I think I could actually even be happy in something a little smaller than the single wide. We are used to living in 400 square feet. The single wide is almost 1200 square feet. We got home and had lunch. Then I went in to town to get some stuff to make cake pops. I promised Hailey we would make them the next time she came out. We are going to have her come out once a week. She needs something to do.

Saturday June 6- Hung around here all day. We even had more people show up looking for sites. When I told them there wasn't anything they drove around and found some empty sites. They didn't notice that they were reserved. I had to explain that they might be running late and if they paid for it, it is theirs.

Sunday June 7- It was another summer like day. We watched as the campers rolled out. Then we watched them all roll in. Our walk in sites fill up as soon as they leave. We went back over to see that trailer. This time the new one was ready to see but we still like the other one. We came back to the park and since it was so warm I spent some serious time quilting. I am now quilting the border. It has been really busy around here and with this virus we haven't been able to do many things. So life is changing. Just the normal day to day stuff. We have to entertain ourselves. Most of the time we have to do it here in our rig and at the park. Until next time........

some of our entertainment















































No comments:

Post a Comment