Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Bring On The Campers


Monday May 11- A new week and after that not so weather friendly weekend this week is starting off kind of the same. Last night before  bed I thought I kept smelling propane. I looked around and couldn't figure out what it was. Jeff went to bed and I started to go but I just couldn't get that smell out of my nose. I woke up Jeff and asked if the furnace was on....it uses propane he said no. I told him I was going to turn off the propane so I could sleep. Then this morning Jeff went out and looked around to see what it was. He figured out one tank was dry and the other wasn't connected. The valve that controls which tank is on was not locked in. This let some of that tank to leak out. That's what I was smelling. He took both tanks to get filled. When he got them home and hooked them up, the smell was completely gone. Problem solved. I have a very good nose. I did my usual Monday cleaning and sat down to start quilting. The dogs started barking, I got up to see and there was a camper pulled in. The guy was walking over to ask a question. Then I noticed it was Lenny and Dawn. They brought out their new camper to give it a test run. We showed them where they could set up. We went over to catch up, social distancing.  It was pretty cool out there and the wind was colder yet. They have a toy hauler so Jeff and Lenny got to play there guitars a bit.



They played as long as they could, Jeff's fingers were cold.



Tuesday May 12- We had some sunshine today. I had planned to make a trip into town. First I went to Walmart. I went early to avoid the people. It felt really weird putting on my mask and gloves. When I left I removed the gloves before touching the car. I had a list and I got everything on it. I bought the bigger versions of everything to avoid another run soon. Then I went to Aldi's to grocery shop. Again I had a very detailed list, so I wouldn't forget anything. They had everything I was looking for. They even had meat. Hyvee, the grocery store we get most of our groceries are out of meat here lately. I was very relieved when I finished. I made my way home feeling like I really got something done. I got back and put everything away. It was still sunny so I sat outside and did some quilting. Lenny came by to play some more guitar.

Wednesday May 13- The day started off fairly nice. Lenny and Dawn are pulling out this morning. We went over to say good bye.



They got out of here in time because the wind and rain came in. I was inside quilting. I finished the inside of the snowman today. Now I need to come up with a plan for the rest of the quilt.


Seth called to see if we wanted to come over and get some food. We declined on the food but came in to visit. Jeff brought his guitar to play with Seth. They also got in a few games of blades of steel.



We came on home, had supper and I cleaned up the dishes. I sat down and looked on facebook. I see a post that says Waffle's is missing, Waffles is Seth and Katie's bernese mountain dog. She is only 2. She managed to push open the front door and off she went. Nobody saw her take off so she had a pretty good head start. They took off hunting the neighborhood, but no luck.


Thursday May 14- I woke up many times to check my phone. Waffle's still hasn't come home. We went in to town and rode around the area she was spotted. We didn't see anything. It is so sad, they really love that dog. They aren't sure what they are going to do but they reached out to some agency's and also Facebook. This dog is big and furry. She can not take the heat so they are hoping it stays cool. Well it's cool and the rain rolled in. It rained most of the night and she still hasn't been found.

Friday May 15- It's a really nice day out and we already have lots of campers for the weekend. This is the first weekend where reservations are in effect. We have every site booked. I got laundry done because it's not raining. Jeff went mushroom hunting. Seth gave me a call and wanted to know if I could come in and run to Walmart for them to get some supplies to make posters. They have also started a facebook page....bring Waffles home. They have lots of people that want to help. Seth and Katie are still working from home so if someone sites her they can run to look. They still have work to do though. They are really using every resource available. When I brought home the stuff for posters Katie's friends came over and made posters to put up.

This is Waffles
Saturday May 16- Today started off nice, we had 7 not show up for there reserved sites. We hung around here most of the day. It turned a bit gloomy with spits of rain. Jeff tried to mushroom hunt again but nothing. I just worked on my quilt. Around 4 o'clock we went in to Justin's house. They are getting people together to go out hunting for Waffles. She seems to hide during the day and moves at night. Justin and Jeff had time to play there guitars before we headed out to hunt. Maddyn wanted to get in on the action as well.


We met up with everyone at 6 to set out to search. When she had been spotted it was in the evening, we were hoping to get lucky. After 2 1/2 hours and no luck we headed back home. They are getting more and more people in on this hunt. Dog lovers are coming out in forces.


























Still looking for this precious girl. She is definitely missed.....come home Waffles...

Sunday May 17- Woke up to rain and lots of it. Poor Waffles is getting drenched. We had some campers leave but we are already full for the holiday weekend. Carl contacted us to tell us that the shower house buildings will open next Friday.  We have been super busy around here. People are looking for sites but we have none for the next weekend. After supper Jeff went to town to pick up some packages from Amazon. Then he went out looking for Waffles. They are getting more and more to help. After looking for a while Jeff decided to come home. Seth and Katie got a tip that she was way out in the country. They took off to see if it was her. By the time they got there she was spooked off and on the run again. She is very timid and skittish. If she sees people she runs. This could cause a problem in catching her.


Monday May 18- This morning they went back out to the farm that she was spotted at last night. They even had a picture of her. Ashton, who is Seth and Katie's son went with his aunt. They actually saw here but again she took off running. It is so frustrating. So many people are out there looking and Waffles is doing her best to avoid them all. Jeff went to pick up groceries today. I stayed around here minding the campground. We had a little rain again today. They also got the hot water heaters turned on in the shower houses. Tomorrow we will start cleaning them in preparation for the holiday weekend. Still nothing on Waffles.


Tuesday May 19- Boy it's been extremely busy out here. We are full for the weekend but now people are showing up for sites during the week. They will get out before our weekend campers arrive. Usually we aren't busy during the weekdays. That's not the case this week. We went up and cleaned the shower house in the second loop. They have some repair work to do on the first loop. After cleaning up there Jeff decided to go look again for mushrooms. I stayed home and then I got a call from Jeff. He spotted a brand new baby fawn. So I jumped on my bike with camera in hand to come take a look. He took me to her and we kept our distance. I got some great pictures. I called the park ranger to see if this was the way it was suppose to be...he assured us the baby was doing just what she was supposed to do. I took my pictures and left her alone.




When I got home and while I still had my camera out the birds were very busy outside. So here are a few pictures of them.




Wednesday May 20- Today I was going in to town to work. Seth and Katie hired me to clean there house. Bonus I can do my laundry while I'm there too. I got all my laundry done. I even got the kids started on cleaning there rooms. I didn't get finished with the house so I told them I would be back to clean the bathroom. They still haven't been able to get Waffles. They have contacted some people who are telling them to stop having so many people look because she is just running farther away. Now they are waiting and watching so they can put up some trail cameras and trap her. Nothing yet.

Thursday May 21- First thing this morning we got busy cleaning our shower house. We are all ready for the grand opening tomorrow. Not really looking forward to that. The host on the 2nd loop hasn't arrived so we have inherited a second one to clean. At 2:30 we went to Justin's. Justin and Jeff are going fishing with another Justin. I'm going to watch Maddyn until Molly gets home from work. We had fun reading books, playing and having snacks. Then after her supper she let me be her snuggle partner before bed. She likes to watch a movie for a bit before bed. The guys got back and kept a few nice walleyes. Bonus the other Justin had found lots of mushrooms and gave us some. We had a late night, didn't get home until after 10.


Friday May 22- We got up and dressed. We had to go in for blood work. We haven't had our coffee yet but you can be sure it was waiting for us in the car when we finished. I got lucky, I had a faulty needle the first try so lucky me got poked twice. We came home and I changed. The shower houses are open. I left to go to Seth and Katie's to finish my cleaning. I got the bathroom done and the basement steps cleaned. I told them when I left they can find Waffles now since I have the house all cleaned. Before coming home I stopped by Justin's to get the carpet cleaner. Then home. We fixed supper and cleaned up the mess. Then I got a call from Seth saying somebody had spotted Waffles. Katie went to see. Seth joined her after getting Ashton to work. He told me he would let me know. It wasn't too long and I got a call...facetime.....it was Seth and who was sitting in the back seat....WAFFLES!!!!! They actually got her. They had her cornered in a fenced in area and had blocked all the exits. Katie said she didn't recognize her until she had her hands on her. Oh what a happy phone call. That made our day....nine days and nine nights...now she is home.


Hopefully she will be healthy and the can get back to normal. They haven't had much sleep or eats since she has been gone. Now they will be able to rest easy knowing she is home and safe.

Saturday May 23- Up and time to clean the shower houses. First ours in our loop. Then up to the 2nd loop to clean it. The park is really full and there are quite a few tents also. What is making it worse is all this rain, mud and wet grass. We are also getting those crunchy bugs...yuck. The weather today was the same as it has been rain, the some sun. Then some rain, the sun. We stayed around here most of the day. I worked on stuff inside. The blog and then my quilt. I did get my new craft light so now I can see again. Jeff left in the late afternoon to go for a ride and then we had some really bad weather coming in. Lucky for us it stayed south of us but we had lots of rain.


Sunday May 24- Up to clean and the weather so far looks good. We stayed around here all morning. Then we went to Justin and Molly's. We left early to drive by the trailer park, they have a couple brand new trailers they just set up. We went to look at them. The first one we really liked, the second one...we didn't care for it at all. Then we went on to Justin's. We had a big dinner planned. First we had a real good batch of mushrooms. Then we had fish that the guys caught the other night. I'm not a mushroom fan but the fish was really good. We had lots of extra's to finish off the meal. Everything was good. After dinner Seth Katie and Hailey came by. They had company from Keokuk and brought them over. Our niece Lindsay her husband Cody, and there 2 kids Gabe and Alice. We visited with them for awhile before everyone headed to there homes. It's been a busy weekend here at the park but it's not quite over yet. One more day of busy park. Let ya know how it goes...until then.....









































No comments:

Post a Comment