Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Bring On August


Monday July 25- It's our oldest sons birthday today...he had the day off so we didn't have Hailey. He took the kids golfing today. We spent the day getting some stuff done around the campground. I gave the shower house a good cleaning and also took care of things like laundry etc. The campground has been super slow this year. They are doing a lake renovation, they lake has been lowered. That means the beach area is closed and the boat ramps are difficult to use. So during the week it's super slow...between 5 to 8 campers in our loop. Even on the weekend we aren't full. Last year we were full every weekend. It makes it super quiet around here. That's kind of nice. After getting all our work done around here we came to town. We stopped at the Dairy Queen to get an ice cream cake for Seth. Jeff picked up Ashton and went to the Y, I went with Seth to watch Hailey at gymnastics. She has been asked to join up to compete, so today they tried on the warm ups they will need to order. She is very excited.





















After gymnastics we came back and had some ice cream cake to celebrate Seth's birthday....yum it was really yummy.

Wednesday July 27- We are trying to get in on Monday, Wednesday and Friday so Jeff and Ashton can go to the Y to exercise. That's why we came in today. After exercising we brought Ashton home with us to stay a couple nights. He hasn't stayed with us as much this summer. The summer is going too fast. He will be back in school before we know it.



Thursday July 28- Boy we had a cool front come through and it's really nice out there. Ashton and I went for a walk to the other side of the lake. It usually takes me about 1 hour. To keep his mind off of the distance I came up with a list of things to look for. We went on a scavenger hunt. It was really fun. We found everything on the list. It really makes you take a closer look at nature around you.



 After lunch Jeff and Ashton went down to try fishing. No good. We went in to Tomaso for pizza for supper. It was as good as the last time. I didn't break a tooth off this time.

Friday July 29- Today Ashton went for a walk with me again. Then Jeff and him went to the Y. I stayed home this time and did some scrap booking. Jeff met Seth and Justin to play golf after they got off of work. I enjoyed the quiet time. I watched some of the campers roll in. We still didn't fill the park up.

Saturday July 30- It's really a pretty day today. It's not really hot but the sun is shining. We went for a walk up to the 2nd campground loop. Then we just hung around. We had contacted some friends to get together tonight for supper. John and Janie are full time rvers and we usually get together when we are both in the Cedar Rapid area. We met them at a local restaurant Granite City. The food was ok but it was good to get together and catch up. We stayed there as long as we felt comfortable then we went to Janie and John's camp site. We enjoyed a camp fire and more conversation. It was a wonderful evening.



Sunday July 31- Last night we had put in our pork to test for the rehearsal dinner. Wanted to try out this recipe before we feed all them people. It turned out wonderful. Our pulled pork sandwiches are yummy. So happy about that. We had plans today too. Some friends we met here have been telling us about a restaurant/bar that we need to try. On Sunday they have an open mic. We had planned to meet them there. The place is called The General Store. It's located in Stone City right on the Wapsi river. We left here planning to arrive around 3:30. The singing was suppose to start at 4. We got there and it wasn't long before Lenny and Dawn arrived. We had a bite to eat, something to drink and got to listen to some great music. Everything was wonderful, the food, the beverages, the entertainment and the company. It was a wonderful afternoon.













We left here and made are way back to pick up Hailey. Tomorrow is gymnastics.



Monday August 1- A brand new month, I can't believe it's August already...wedding in just about a month. Hailey insists on helping me clean the shower house. After breakfast we went to the park. Hailey is quite fond of swinging...and so am I





















We had lunch and went to town. Jeff and Ashton went to the Y, Hailey and I went to gymnastics.




















She got to work on the vault today. She really is improving fast. She also loves it so makes it fun to watch her.


Tuesday August 2- It's feels like August today, very hot and humid. Jeff told Ashton he would take him to the movie. I stayed back and did some cleaning. Then I decided to start a new quilt project.


I'm using fabric that I already have. I didn't really have a pattern so I just played around with it. I decided this needed something else. So I'm going to frame all of the colors with black. I will post pictures later. I need to have something to work on. I don't have a lot of time to come up with an idea. I want something easy because I have enough on my mind with the big wedding coming up. It's just for me.


Friday August 5- This whole week has been unbelievably hot. The humidity has been added to the heat making it feel like it's over 100 out there. This morning I had to run Jeff into Justin's. They have a whole van full of guys. They are going to Kansas City for Justin's bachelor party. After dropping him off I ran some errands before heading back. Jeff wasn't the only one with plans for the weekend. My best friend Judy was coming up to spend the weekend with me. She got here around 7:30. I was watching the opening ceremony of the olympics....I love the olympics!! When she arrived we just talked and talked. So much to catch up on.


Saturday August 6- We got up early and started this crazy weekend. First I had to clean both shower houses, since Jeff was gone. Then we went downtown to go to the farmers market. It was really a pretty day...not to hot not to cool. The place was packed.























After spending some time at the market we headed to do a bit of shopping. I'm looking for jewelry for the wedding and Judy found a dress for the same event. We managed to blow most of the day. Came back to the campground and sat outside. The weather was really nice. Then we fixed us a very yummy supper. I'm not used to doing the grilling but it turned out great. What a yummy dinner.


We stayed in and watched the olympics. We just had fun hanging out together. We always have a great time regardless of what we do.


Sunday August 7- Today after cleaning we both cleaned up and went to church. The more I go to this church the more I like it. The worship....awesome, the message...awesome. A great way to start the day. I made brunch for us then we went outside and watched as the campers pulled out...bye bye. Judy took off around 3, and then Jeff called me at 4 to come pick him up. I can't wait to hear about this weekend.



























No comments:

Post a Comment