Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Where Has The Summer Gone???

Monday August 8- This week we have to rearrange our schedules a bit. Ashton has hockey camp and we are going to take him. It lasts for 4 days and we will be delivering him the first 3 days. We haven't been able to watch him practice this summer, so we are going to hang around the first hour of hockey camp because the first hour is ice time. It was fun to watch him do all the drills. Boy do they work them boys hard. As you can see he looked a little heading out on the ice compared to coming off the ice. After we left the ice arena we took Hailey back home with us. Did some hanging out at the campground. Of course we had to visit the playground. I fixed her hair up so she could go to gymnastics. We have been watching a lot of the Olympics, especially the swimming and the Olympics. Hailey loves to watch the girls do there flips and leaps.

As you can see, we spend a lot of our time with our grandkids. We are so lucky to be able to be so close and participate in there activities. I can't believe how fast they are growing up.

Tuesday August 9- We got up and came in to pick up Ashton for day 2. Again we stayed and watched him skate. Never get tired of that.

We came home and I got busy with laundry, cleaning , etc. I also have been trying to get a hold of my family that haven't RSVPed for the wedding. It's getting close and people are getting nervous. Boy I'm glad I'm not doing that, its a lot of pressure getting everything lined up. The good news is I got answers from everyone I needed. Check that off of my list. The evening was spent in front of the TV watching the Olympics. I admit I'm addicted. I love watching the events but I really love the stories behind all the athletes. I have a hard time turning it off, I'm afraid I'll miss something.

Wednesday August 10- Last day we have to deliver Ashton,so we watched him skate again. They do different drills everyday and it never ceases to amaze me what they can do.

It was fun taking him everyday and watching, that's one thing I miss....when we are south in the winter they have all there tournaments so we have to miss them. I guess I'll have to take what I can get.

Thursday August 11- Today looked to be a rainy day. I decided to get busy on the rehearsal dinner stuff. I wanted to check on what I had, and what I still need to get. I looked at the menu, figured out the recipes I needed. Then I made out my grocery list. I also looked at the decorations. I started making some of those. I wanted to have an idea on what things would look like. I think it will be ok.

I sure do like pinterest...they have so many awesome ideas. I think I have everything I need. Now all I have to do is go grocery shopping and make all the pressure.

Friday August 12- Oh boy what a day...I got a phone call at 6 a.m. from Seth. See we had a BIG rain come through last night and there basement is flooded. They have a finished basement. It's had some water in it before but never like this. I thought maybe he was exaggerating but nope. It was a HUGE mess. Jeff and I went over there as soon as we could. Seth had to work because he took Thursday off to watch Ashton skate. So Jeff, Katie, and I took on the was a mess but we worked hard and got most of it cleaned up. The good news is all the appliances work. Thats good because they just got a new washer last week. They still have a lot to do but the water is gone and the basement is cleaned out. It's going to take a while for everything to dry up. They ended up taking the carpet outside to dry....Water sure can make a mess. We went home and were both tired. We stopped for a bite to eat before heading back. It was going to take care of our lunch/supper. Since we had a early supper/ late lunch we fixed some popcorn for a snack. Well to make a long story short remember the tooth that broke off, well the filling fell out of the same tooth. A visit to a dentist is in my near future.

Saturday August 13- We got up early and headed back in to Seth and Katie's to finish cleaning up stuff. Since everything was out in there garage thought it would be a good time to clean things out. There was a lot of stuff that got wet and ruined. Other stuff needed to be dried out. Then some stuff just needed to go through and get rid of. We were done for the day. Went home and watched the Olympics.

Sunday August 14-Today was a really nice was a great day to go to church. I think we are hooked up to do some greeting at the church. We love this church but feel we need to do more to be more of an active member. After church we went to get Hailey. She doesn't have gymnastics tomorrow but still choose to come spend some time with us. She is my little helper in the kitchen. We decided to make some no bake cookies and of course she helped. If she makes the cookies then she takes some home....less that I have to eat. It was a fun time as usual.

Monday August 15- We have our helper with us all day. She likes to help clean the shower house as long as I have some music playing. Then I called up a dentist to get an appointment. Well Hailey didn't have gymnastics so we worked on them outside. She figured out how to stand up from her back bend. Needless to say she was very excited. It was also grooming day...Belle, Jeff and I all got haircuts....done by me. We came in to town so Jeff could go to the Y. Hailey and I ran some errands. We dropped off Hailey at home and came home ourselves.

Tuesday August 16- It called for rain today but the weather man was wrong again. It seems the hummingbirds swarm more when the weather is rainy and that was very apparent today.

It cleared up and so that made it laundry day, since my dryer is the sunshine and wind. I also got some cleaning done. I did my cleaning in the morning so I tried my walk in the afternoon. It was so hot and humid. I definitely prefer a morning walk.

Wednesday August 17- Oh that Soffee....she normally sleeps about 95% of the time, as you can see in this picture.  Every once in a while she gets a belly ache and keeps me up all night.  Well thats what happened last night. I have been staying up till 11 watching those silly Olympics. Then at 2 a.m. Soffee decides she wants to stay up the rest of the night. She won't lay down and sleep and if you put her down she kept going in the corners and digging. I'm not sure what she was looking for but in the middle of the night it sure is loud. Jeff get's up at 6:30 and then she decides to join him in his recliner, she falls asleep and sleeps the rest of the day. I had my dentist appointment today at noon. It was the first time going here. I was really impressed with everything. I didn't have to wait and they just fixed the tooth without wanting to do a bunch of extra stuff. Then if you pay cash they give you a 5% discount. I was on my way home at 12:40......with a fixed tooth and a great experience. We will use him again.

Thursday August 18- After that smoking hot walk I took yesterday today I wanted to do it early. I went and it was so foggy. It was still hot but at least the sun wasn't beating down on me. I noticed that many spiders were busy last night. You can spot the webs easier because of the humidity. I don't like spiders but you have to appreciate there delicate work.

After my walk Jeff took me in to town to look for a purse for the wedding. That's the last thing I need to get. I have everything done that I can do. I now need to wait until the week before to start preparing the food for the rehearsal dinner. I'm confident that everything will be good. I just need to get it done and out of my head. I don't know what is so special about my hummingbird juice but the birds love it.

Friday August 19-Jeff went in to take Ashton to the Y. I had to stop at the store to get chicken for supper. I made the homemade noodles yesterday. We are going to Justin and Molly's tonight and I'm bringing the chicken noodles. Jeff brought his guitar to show Justin how much he has improved. I visited with Molly and she showed me some of the things for the wedding. It looks like she has everything under control. We got in the truck to come home and ran into rain. It rained on and off through the night. It also cooled things off.

Saturday August 20- It looked like rain out there, and the weather man said rain too. We decided to head to Palo. They are having family fun days today. Justin is in a kickball tournament. We said we would come if it wasn't raining. It wasn't raining so we went. The first game was at 10 a.m. As soon as they started it started lightly raining. We just stood under a building. It was pretty fun. They won the first game. We ran into town to get lunch. Then we stopped back to watch another game. They played a second game while we were away and got beat. The third game they won again. The forth game a loss. Then we went home.

Sunday August 21- Countdown begins...2 weeks til the wedding. Boy did it cool down last night. It was in the 50's this morning, boy that felt different. We went to church and then came home to make brunch. Seth brought Hailey out in the afternoon. This is her last day before she starts kindergarten. She is really excited about her new adventure and so are we. We didn't really do much just hung out.

Another 2 weeks in the books. I can't believe how fast this summer is going. Our park has been unusually slow. The lake in way low and the beach is closed. Still working on that lake restoration. We haven't had a full campground  since the 4th of July weekend. During the week we might have 5 campers. Boy people don't know what they are missing out here. It's so quiet and peaceful. I guess we will just have to enjoy the place ourselves.