Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Monday, March 23, 2015

St. Andrews State Park





Sunday March 8- Well last night was spring forward, who don't like that?.....us. We had a long drive ahead of us. We got up early but that didn't do us any good because it was still dark. We do not like working in the dark. Soffee our weiner dog had another health issue so I was carrying her around, that made everything more difficult. I finally had to put her down, I put her on the picnic table like I always do. She won't usually jump off of anything. Well she decided she was superman or something and either jumped or fell....Jeff and I both held our breath but she wasn't injured. That just about ruined the day. We got on the road around 9. It was a nice day to travel and we didn't encounter any problems. A funny haha  Jeff was complaining about this spring forward thing all day then we realized that we are back in central time zone so we already are back to the fall time. It's a busy park, and its spring break. We had site #28, it has a water view of the bay that we all enjoyed.





















We have been to this park before but it was 5 years ago. I didn't remember it being so busy but after getting out and exploring its worth it...love it here.


Monday March 9-I got up and went for a walk. Had to figure out my path and find the beach. There is so much wild life. I saw a big buck in the marsh area and a baby gator at Alligator lake. There are every kind of bird too. The beach was as beautiful as I remember.

























We had friendly campers on both sides, so we spent a lot of the day visiting with them. It was nice out but the wind was chilly, but the sun was warm.


Tuesday March 10- One thing good about this site you can watch the sun come up behind you and I enjoyed it as much as I could. It always amazed me. After the sunrise I went for my walk, again I saw deer this time mom and her babies. Jeff went into town to get shrimp. It was suppose to be the pick day for kayaking. When he got back the wind had really picked up. It was too rough for me but Jeff went out. He didn't stay too long. It just kept getting worse. Not a bite for Jeff. The water seems to be to cold yet.



One thing good about this campground and our site is you don't really have to go any where its awesome right here.


Wednesday March 11-It started off really foggy. It took awhile for it to burn off. Jeff found a nice place to walk. He would walk a path to sandy point around the beach and then come back on the road.  Lots to see but he doesn't take pictures. I spent most of the day at the campsite, Soffee's not herself so I watched her.




We don't get bored around here cause of all there is to see. There is a lot of boat traffic behind us. Then there are all the critters, lots of birds.







Thursday March 12- It was so foggy this morning I didn't even go for a walk. We left the park today to go get groceries and some dog food. We wanted to leave early to avoid the traffic. Its spring break so we have tried to stay away from all that. It wasn't too bad. We went to Panama City instead of Panama City Beach. That seemed to be a good idea. When we got home Jeff went to the neighbors to help them. I tried to take my walk in the afternoon and I didn't like it....its really humid. Jeff fished behind the rig and we did spot a couple dolphin. The fish just aren't there.



Friday March 13-Its a rainy day...it rained on and off most of the day. I spent the day working on my quilt. When it quit raining Jeff went to the jettys to try and fish....nope no good. Nobody seems to be catching them. It was kind of a long day. I did get our doctor appointments set up when we get back. We are ready for the sunshine bring it back.




Saturday March 14- It started off kind of cloudy which made for a pretty sunrise. I made some homemade cinnamon rolls today....yum. It cleared up nice and the waters are calm. The sun shining and the temperatures are warm. We decided to take the boats out for a bit after lunch. It started out ok then everyone must have woke up and came out. They had that water worked up. I felt like a cork out there. We made it to sandy point, got out and walked around. Jeff even tried fishing.





After we made it back safe, I decided no more weekend kayaking for me. There is to much boat traffic for me. I'll just sit on the beach and watch it instead. Well that's a week already, boy the time goes fast here.





























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment