Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Curry Hammock/Part 2


Sunday December 22...when I got up I was so close to finishing the binding on my quilt I just had to finish it up. I did. Didn't have any big plans so I decided to make a breakfast. When we first started this adventure I made breakfast a lot, decided I better quit that. Ran into Publix to get a few groceries. I think everyone else had the same idea. It was really busy. One thing about that store gotta love the BOGO. Jeff took his boat out and got another snapper plus his boat had no water in it. I think Jeff got his fixed. Yeah!!  We used our last package of Iowa beef for supper, that's one thing I miss.... Iowa beef. We finished the night with a movie.


Monday December 23rd... Happy Anniversary to us...36 years and counting. Decided to go back over across the road to snorkel. Jeff talked me into giving it a try. We rode our bikes over .  Both of us put on our diveskins and wet suits. We got in and the visibility wasn't good. As a matter of fact it was creepy. I followed Jeff out a ways trying to get used to it. That wasn't gonna happen. I told Jeff I was heading back. Jeff kept on looking for lobsters. When I got back I noticed what I thought were rocks were moving. When they came up for air I figured they weren't rocks but manatees. I went a bit spastic and got Jeff's attention. He swam toward them and just watched them. They were really big . There were 2 of them. He tried to get video but hasn't really used the camera to much. He came over to me and told me I had to go. I put everything back on and got in. I have to admit I was nervous but I sure didn't want to miss this opportunity. So away we went. I'm so glad I took that plunge.....it was awesome!!!! I got some pictures but better than that I got a special memory. That was a perfect anniversary gift.  Decided to keep the celebration going by dining out. James & Brenda told us about a new little restaurant called The Outpost,  we went for dinner. It's not fancy but really clean and friendly. The food was great too. We started with some onion straws and they were the thinnest, crispest ones ever sooo good. We ordered a pizza.. Double garlic it was really thin and crisp another yum. Jeff was feeling really festive so he even ordered dessert... Blueberry bread pudding. It was a great evening and the food was wonderful. When we got back home I walked up to the bedroom and noticed the air conditioner was running but it wasn't producing cold air, it was warm. Jeff turned it off and did some reading on some trouble shooting. It's a good thing to have 2 a.c. units. It's to late to really do to much.







Christmas Eve and I guess I needed to muster me up some Christmas spirit. I did some baking while listening to some Christmas music. Jeff did some things with the a.c., cleaning the vents and cleaning the coils also resetting the system. It came back on and worked. After lunch we took the kayaks out, I wanted to see if mine still leaks..... It does.  I was gonna head back but Jeff said let's fish awhile. I baited up and whamo...I got me a big snapper, it sure felt bigger. It was funny cause it started pulling me so I had to peddle while reeling...that was fun. We had a surprise at the campground, Santa came through in a fire truck, who doesn't like that? To finish this night we got to watch the kids open there Christmas pjs. We always get them pajamas for Christmas. It's a tradition.



Merry Christmas everyone!!! The one thing about this lifestyle I don't like. Missing this holiday with the kids and grand kids. On the plus side, we can focus on the true meaning of Christmas. We don't get caught up in all the hustle and bustle. Our phone rang at 6:30 am, Seth calls to let us be a part of there Christmas morning. We got to watch the kids open the presents we gave them and also the ones Santa brought. Technology it's a wonderful thing. After we got off the phone I made homemade cinnamon rolls. Again the a.c. is not working right. Jeff's gonna call a place that's comes to your campsite after the holidays. Decided to go visit Long Key State Park and see if we could fit in one of those spots. I think we might try that campground. When we got back made a few calls to family and friends. We had a nice dinner and called it a day.

Thursday...Jeff checked my boat again and it's still leaking so he worked on it. He also called a place about the a.c. and left a message. The unit works some after you reset but eventually it stops working. I started going thru stuff cleaning and one thing lead to another and before you know it all my drawers are cleaned out. Jeff went back out to fish and I anchored myself at the beach. He came back with a really nice sized snapper. We started putting some things away.


Friday our last full day here. It's really hot & humid today. Jeff still has lobster fever so back over we went. Right when we got there it started raining but it didn't last long. He was determined to get at least 2, and that's what he got. He kept telling me about this really big one that got away. Funny how those are always so big!!!  Decided to make a trip to Key Colony. There's a bar/restaurant there and for happy hour they have 25 cent wings or peel and eat shrimp. It's called Sparkys. We don't really go out too much but Jeff wanted to try this one. The place was hopping and the service was great. We had a drink and Jeff got some wings. We got back to our campsite and finished packing our outside stuff up. Again gonna be hard to leave this park...We never did hear back from the repair place we called. I think we will just watch it for now. Now on to John Pennecamp State Park, last time we were here we were in a tent. That was like 12 years ago. 







No comments:

Post a Comment