Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Waiting for the Holidays....

Monday December 10- I got busy this morning with more baking. I made some sugar cookie dough to chill and a batch of cookies. I only have so much space so I have to be strategic. We got invited to the Jonathan Dickinson Christmas party so I went and got a couple white elephant gift, well the stuff to make them gifts. I looked up some ideas on line. When I got back I put the gifts together then made more cookies.





















Well I put the gifts away and got busy with supper. I did get another batch of cookies baked.

Tuesday December 11- Was going to finish up my baking today but instead we went to a movie. We took the long way because we needed to found a BP. Jeff recieved a BP gas card and we have always used them before but this time we are having a hard time finding BP's. On our way we also discovered a Trader Joe's so that was a bonus. We had some time before the show so Jeff went to Best Buy and I went to Old Navy and got some new Christmas pj's. Then on to the movie. We both agree that we really like this movie theater. It is clean, has a special price on Tuesday's, and they have great popcorn. We saw the movie Instant Family and both of us loved it. It was better than we thought which is always a good surprise. When we got home I made pecan tassies and melting moment cookies. Tomorrow I will bake and frost the sugar cookies and call it done.

Wednesday December 12- Today I didn't waste any time getting started. I had to roll, cut and bake the sugar cookies. Then let them cool so I could frost and let them dry before making trays up. 



After finishing all that I took the rest of the day off. Ruby and I went for a bike ride. I heard from my sister and a friend so I guess the Christmas ornaments arrived. Now I just need the gifts for the kids to get there.

Thursday December 13- A very lazy day today. We just hung around here. We got stuff together, cleaned up, loaded up and headed over to Jonathan Dickinson. We had to leave plenty early because we are traveling during rush hour. We gave ourselves an hour and a half and used every minute to get there.  They had lots of folks there. We didn't know most of them because they volunteer the shift before ours. They provided the food and beverages and we brought desserts and there was lots of them. Then they had the white elephant gift exchange. There were like a 100 people there so that was a bit of a mess. Lots of people left. So many people that not many gifts were stolen and it still took forever. It was a fun night visiting with those we knew and  meeting new people too.

























The drive home was a lot easier than the one there. Everyone was home and off the turnpike.

Friday December 14-It's a warm one today. Walked the dogs and did some laundry in the morning. Then we went up to the pool for a while. They have a really nice pool that's heated. The place isn't even that crowded, so the pool is almost empty. Jeff made fish for supper, the fish we caught in the Keys. I'm not sure any of that fish will make it back to Iowa.

Saturday December 15- We didn't have anything planned today. We were inside and both of us can't stand looking at our couch. It is just disintegrating. So the plan was to go and look at furniture stores today. I think we looked at 4 furniture stores and ........nothing. At most of them they didn't even have any idea if they had something for us. Good news is we found a pizza place to try. It is called Blaze Pizza. We didn't really know what we were doing but both of us loved this place. They have one size pizza. There are 3 choices of crusts. Then you build your own, like at Subway. They are quick too. The pizza was great and the prices were too. We are going back for sure. We shared the pizza, next time we will get our own.


Sunday December 16- We went back over to Jupiter to go to church. This time we went to the 2nd service. It was wonderful. After we had breakfast and drove to Stuart. They are having an outdoor concert on there River Walk. The weather was perfect. We started out sitting on the bleachers in front of the stage. It was so loud that we moved up and over in the grassy area. We found a lady that was willing to share her picnic table. It was much better there. It was a Doors tribute band. They are not my favorite group, but it was a great venue with vendors that had lots of snacks to purchase.






We had a nice time and figured out how it works here. They have bands every Sunday and you can bring your chairs, coolers, food and pets...that is a win win.....

Monday December 17- Started the day off with a little cleaning. I also had to give Miss Ruby a trim. I don't know if I will ever get to groom here fully. I just trimmed her hair around her head. I like how fluffy she is so for now I'll keep her hair long. Jeff  finished detailing his truck. I'm still trying to put together this new quilt. I"m not happy with the pattern I've picked. Our friends and neighbors, Maren and Jeffrey made it back after a trip. They went to run errands and we ended up with a baked chicken from Cosco. So supper was chicken. I also got to give them there cookies I made them. Our supper was super.



Tuesday December 18- My best friend is having surgery today, getting an ankle replacement. I waited to hear how it went. We went to run errands this morning. First Jeff had to send his Garmin watch back. It broke so he called them and they sent him a new one. When it arrived Jeff was to mail the old one back. He wanted to get it back because until it arrives they have put the price of the new one on his charge card. When they receive the old watch....no charge for the new one. Pretty good incentive to mail it back. While we were out we stopped at the Trader Joe's we spotted last time we were over here. It wasn't even crowded. Something that is unusual during the holidays. When we arrived home we decided to take the dogs to the doggy park. The poor things are always on leash. So away we went. Jeff brought Belle's frisbee. Both of the girls went crazy, they had fun. Then another dog arrived and so we had to lease Belle back up. She does not like other strange dogs that much.







It didn't take long to wear them out with all that running. We headed back, then we spent some time up at the pool. Jeff and I not the dogs. Again hardly anybody there, its wonderful. I miss my swimming pool I had at home so this is nice. Our friends Jeffrey and Maren came over for happy hour. We got to hear about there trip back to see her father.

Wednesday December 19- Today we had planned to take down the awning and shade screen outside. We have had it tied down and it made for a nice area to sit outside without all the sun. but big wind and storms are coming. We hung around here most of the day. Then we decided to go back to that pizza place we liked with Jeffrey and Maren. We waited until 6ish to leave thinking rush hour traffic would be settling down. Well that was wrong. I don't think it was just rush hour, I think it was Christmas shopping traffic. Well we made it and our pizza was superb. We had a fun evening and the traffic on the way back was just as bad. HO HO HO...

Thursday December 20- Big Day today. We are heading over to Lion Country Safari to watch the chimps open there Christmas presents. I'm so excited. They opened at 9:30 so we left here at 9:15. We got there and there was cars in line to get in. I was getting nervous, I wanted to make sure I got a good seat. The chimp thing started at 10:30. I made Jeff hurry through the drive through safari, we can do that after. We found where you park and they had chairs set up. We got a front row seat. We had some concern with the weather, well the wind. As we waited the wind picked up. They have the chimps on 3 islands that are connected by bridges. They had all of them on one island while they set up for the party. You could tell they were excited to get at it. When they were ready they connected the bridge which was so funny because those chimps lined up like kids in a classroom to get over.
We were ready to watch. 

lined up to cross the bridge






The chimps enjoyed the frozen milk and popcorn a lot. It was like watching kids at Christmas, they would open the gift, toss it aside and go on to the next one. We had a great time. I took so many pictures, too many to post. Then we finished up the drive through part, parked and went in to walk around and enjoy that. I wanted to go feed the giraffes. We headed that way. When we arrived we got to watch one giraffe do some painting. Can't say I've ever witnessed that before. Lucky us. Then I got to feed some. I love doing that.
























Before we left I even got a selfie with this smiling giraffe...what are the chances?
Next we moved on to the birds, had to go feed them as well. The wind was really wicked and the birds weren't as friendly as last year. We found some that wanted to eat.























We stopped for a bite to eat before doing some exploring. We finished up in here and got back in the car to go back and enjoy the drive through part. Here are some of the animals we got to see.









Oh what a wonderful day. We really can't say enough about this park. We love it because it's not super busy. It is also reasonable and clean. So much fun for families. They even have a splash pad and putt putt golf. They have some little rides for kids and a petting zoo. We will be back...

Friday December 21- It was suppose to cool off today but it was later showing up. We just stayed around here. I got the laundry caught up and we got to watch all kinds of weather changes. We had warm and sunshine. We had cloudy and rain, followed by wind. Oh and then the temps started dropping. I did get to enjoy my brand new shirt....


Saturday December 22- It got a little chilly last night. The monkeys next door are making a lot of noise this morning. I think they must of heard the chimps got gifts and they didn't. I went to the pool today but not to get in the water. The sun was warm and the wind stopped so it was really nice. I put together 7 rows of my new quilt today. I'm still not super happy with this one but we will see. I called my friend to see how she is doing after the surgery. She is doing better. Our friends came over for happy hour. That's when the temps started dropping. Came in and made supper.







Sunday December 23- Happy Anniversary to us 41 years. We got ready to go to church but instead of driving to Jupiter we stayed here in Wellington. We visited a new church called Newsound. It was close. They have been around almost a year and are using a school. They had lots of people greeting you as you arrived. The worship was great and so was the message. They are doing a great job. They really have lots to do every Sunday to get ready for services, they are doing a great job. We got home and I worked on putting together 7 more rows. We got ready to go out for dinner. First we met up with friends at our place. Then we went up to see Santa at the park. He and Mrs. Claus were there first to see the pups in the park then the kids. We went up right at 5 to get in and out. It was quite the set up...not sure how impressed Miss Ruby was.





After our visit with Santa we got in the car to got out for dinner. We went to Outback again. We got a table after just a few minutes. We had a wonderful dinner and great company. When we walked out of the place they had people lined up to get in. Good thing we like to eat early.





Our time at this park is coming to and end. We both can't believe how fast the time has passed. We really enjoy this park and the area around it. Planning on coming back next year.....Bring on the Holidays.....




































































No comments:

Post a Comment