Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Times Flying....



Monday July 24- Say hello to my little friend. It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night. My birds came back. They were a bit upset with me because the feeders were empty when I got back. They were happy with the buffet I supplied. Jeff got busy replacing the vent fan in the bathroom. It was going to be a 5 minute job...well lets just say it took just a little longer than that. We did get it changed. Jeff made us dental appointments today. When we left on the road we would just go back to our dentist in Keokuk. He has retired, so the hunt began. We will see how this one works out. Spent the day just hanging out around the campground.


Tuesday July 25- Well a big Happy Birthday to our oldest son today. Of course I had to start off his day by singing Happy Birthday to him...Happy Birthday Seth! I did our laundry today. We went to town for lunch. Had lunch at Panera. Then we took Jeff's guitar to get adjusted. When we got there the guitar tech was off today so we will be back on Thursday to do this. On the way home we stopped at Walmart and the store.


Wednesday July 26- Another hot one today. After doing my morning chores. we went in for breakfast at Perkin's. I got something different this time and it was really good. Next we went to a movie. It felt weird going to the show so early. If you go before 11 o'clock at this theater during the week it's only $5.00. We saw Dunkirk......it was very graphic. The movie was good, just not my kind of movie. We came home. Since it was Wednesday I had to go watch the kiddo's while there parents play volleyball. So I went to pick up Hailey from gymnastics and took her home and stayed until Seth and Katie came home.


Thursday July 27- Today went back to town so Jeff could get his guitar adjusted. Success, and it didn't take long either. We also went downtown to buy some concert tickets at the Paramount. We are going to see Get the Led Out. They are a Led Zeppelin tribute band. We saw them last year and really liked them. We got tickets for Seth and Ashton too. This theater is close to where our boys work. They just moved there offices there earlier this summer. We texted them to see if we could have a quick tour. Both of them met us at the front door. It nice to be downtown around so many choices for lunch etc. We came back home and I got busy quilting. I actually finished the quilting on it today. Now I need to find some fabric for the binding. When you get so close to finishing something it's hard to stop until it's all done.. Jeff didn't go to Palo to play guitar tonight. We both went in to the ice arena to watch Ashton play hockey. We haven't had much of a chance to do that. It was fun to watch and he really did a good job. He is a good team player. He scored a couple times and had some assists as well.























Well it was an exciting game and Ashton's team won. Sure glad that we could watch him in action instead of just practice.


Friday July 28- Big day today....we got up early and loaded up the truck. We are going to our hometown of Keokuk Iowa. It's my 40th class reunion. First we need to get our dogs and all there stuff delivered to Seth and Katie's house. Ashton was there so we gave him all the instructions. We left the dogs there and hit the road. First stop was the Coralville Mall for a little shopping. It's that time of year....sales! Then back on the road stopping in Mt Pleasant Iowa at the Pizza Ranch for a buffet of food. Not my favorite but it used to be. When we pulled into Keokuk we stopped at the RV park there..Hickory Haven. We visited some friends that have just started full timing not to long ago. Friends from school days. We wanted to see how things have been going for them. They are still in the first year, figuring it all out. It was good to see Ben and Rhonda, looks like they are figuring it out pretty well.



After leaving there we went to my friends house Judy. She invited us to stay with her this weekend. We stopped there and unloaded our stuff. We also cleaned up a bit. Our meet and greet was tonight at 5 o'clock at the Yacht Club. We left early so we could get us a parking spot. The parking there is not that good. So we got there and watched as everyone showed up. Jeff and I both have always enjoyed these reunions. We are only 1 year apart so I know his class and he knows mine. We were so busy visiting I didn't even take any pictures except this one. She and I were best friends growing up. Nice to see her. We hung out there for quite awhile before heading back to Judy's.




Saturday July 29- After staying up quite late, we got up pretty early. Jeff called his brother to meet us for breakfast. Again I didn't take pictures. Then we went to a coffee shop in town where we had made plans to meet some classmates for coffee. We had quite a group show up and we pretty much took over that place.


We stopped to get Jeff a sandwich for lunch and went back out to Judy's. She was sitting outside on the deck so we both joined her and got to catch up with her. It was super nice outside too. Don her husband worked in the morning so when he got home from work we got to talk with him too. Before we knew it, time to clean up and go to the final night of this thing. This time we went to the Southside Boat Club. It was a regular hangout of my parents. They even have a table with there names on it.  First thing they wanted a group picture, that was something. Then more talking. They served us supper and Jeff and I weren't really expecting much. We were both pleasantly surprised. It was BBQ, and everything was super good....SCORE!








One of my friends from high school brought a picture of Jeff and I...boy where we young. I was 16 and Jeff was 17....and we thought we were so grown up.


 After pictures, visiting, eating, and dancing we said our good byes and headed back to Judy's. It was later than we expected it to be. Everyone was in bed when we got back. It was a super fun night.


Sunday July 30- When we got up Judy and Don were sitting on the front porch. I grabbed me a coffee and joined them. She got ready for church. We had planned on leaving first thing but we went for breakfast and waited for Judy to get back. Had to have one more visiting session. Before taking off we drove around town and got a few pictures. Keokuk overlooks the mighty Mississippi.






















We left around noon. Our first stop was at Seth and Katie's to get our pups. We also brought Hailey home with us too. We explained to her that grammy and papa are going to be tired. She was very patient as we unloaded all of our crap. Boy it's hard trying to pack everything you might need. It is so much easier to just pull your rig with all of your stuff in it. Needless to say we didn't do much the rest of the night but fix supper.


Monday July 31- It felt really good sleeping in our own bed. Soffee was really wore out too, she slept in late. We checked on her because usually she is up by 6 a.m. Hailey was ready to do something. I started the laundry first then we got out our project. Today we were going to do science experiments. Got everything out and read the instructions. I think Hailey was impressed. We did 2 or 3 different experiments and all of them turned out.
























After science we had lunch and Hailey talked us in to a walk to the park. She played on the equipment and sh even let me get some pictures. She doesn't always like to get her pictures taken.





















Hailey and I went in to gymnastics. After I took her home and headed back to the campground.


Tuesday August 1- We have been doing a lot of running so today my plan was to stay here all day. I had a big list of things to get done. A little cleaning, weeding, grooming, banking and even a haircut. I felt I really got some things accomplished. Even had a yummy dinner.


Wednesday August 2- Today we moved our stuff so the mowers could mow. We heard the mowers but they never showed up at our site. We made a grocery list and went to town to get them. When Jeff started the truck the service engine soon light came on. Oh boy here we go again.


Thursday August 3- We got the shower house cleaned and then watch the rain clouds roll in. We had quite the rain and wind. We waited for the rain to stop. We went to town. Went to Perkins for lunch, well we had breakfast for our lunch. Then I went to look for a new suitcase. Next I went to get fabric for the binding on the baby quilt. It is the final step...then all done. I found some flannel that will work, and it was on sale. Then on the way home Jeff stopped at The Cupcake Place, I got a couple cupcakes. We fixed some supper. Then I took Jeff down to Palo to jam with the guys. I went in to the ice arena to watch Ashton play a game. The teams were pretty lopsided tonight, they won. I still like to watch him.





















After the game I came back home watched TV and waited for Jeff to call for his ride.


Friday August 4- Busy day today. Jeff went in to pick up Ashton around 9 o'clock. They stopped to buy there passes to the fish-o-rama. Then they went to get the tackle and bait they'll need as well. When they got back Jeff got started smoking some chicken. He and Ashton had to keep there eyes on that most of the day. I made brunch for all of us. Then after having those cupcakes I decided to make some of my own.  Then Ashton and I did some science experiments. We did different ones than I did with Hailey. We had fun.





















Then Ashton got busy fixing up his arrow. He had started it before and needed to add feathers to it.
 So he finished that project and gave it a try. I think he was even impressed with how good it went.























After supper everyone got there showers and went to bed really early. We set the alarm for 4 a.m. A big day of fishing tomorrow.

Saturday August 5- The day started super early. I got up with the guys to get them off. Then I had planned to go back to bed but that didn't happen. I have a sore on the right side of my nose that really hurts. Since Jeff  left so early I cleaned up both shower houses. The least I can do since it cleaned mine while I was in Chicago. I got back enjoyed my coffee. It is a super day today. It has cooled off and is only in the 70's. The first thing I wanted to do was get the binding done on my baby quilt. I had that finished by noon.




 Jeff and Ashton kept me up on what was going on. They got a good spot. The fishing started at 7.... it was really slow fishing they said. They caught 3 catfish, and 2 of them were tagged. They won G.C. for a haircut, free pizza. free appetizer, gift cards for a mexican restaurant and Freddies. They had fun. When they got back they cleaned the fish and cleaned themselves up too. Then we went to get something for supper. We went down to Brogans in Palo. All of us were tired. We had a campfire and roasted marshmallows before heading to bed






















Our campfire was really nice and we had fun roasting the marshmallows. I have to take credit for the most perfect marshmallow.



Sunday August 6- The boys didn't get up quite as early as yesterday. They were on the way there by 5:30. I cleaned the shower houses and just hung out here. My sore on my nose seems to be getting bigger. It is really swollen up. I don't know what it is. The weather today is awesome. I sat outside and watched all the campers go home. The guys didn't have much luck at the fish -o-rama today. No prizes and only 2 fish caught. The good news is Ashton finally caught a fish. Jeff took Ashton home and brought Hailey back with him.  When Hailey got out here she showed me a tooth that was loose. It was driving her crazy. We told her to pull it out, she kept wiggling it and finally it came out. That was all we heard about the rest of the night. Another week in the books..






















































No comments:

Post a Comment