Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tying Up Loose Ends

Monday October 5- Its definitely starting to look like fall around here. The berries are on the trees, the leaves are starting to turn and the temperatures are cooling off. We both had a big list to start on today. We both have things to do before taking off south. I went through the closets, cabinets, under the bed and pantry. Time to get rid of the things we don't use. We also have stuff that we don't take with us but store here at the park. We took that up and put it away. We cleaned out the basement. Jeff went through his fishing stuff and straightened that up. I did laundry, I love Monday laundry day. I had some time so I made a baby gift for my niece. I saw these onesies at the farmers market so I thought....I can do that, and I did. They are really cute.

Tuesday October 6- Today was actually Hailey's birthday so we had to call her and sing. It was super foggy this morning, I went for my walk to the other side of the lake. I did see the most amazing spider webs on my walk. The moisture in the air just clung to them.

It was a perfect day for a walk. On my way back it had cleared up and the sky was so blue.

This is where I get to take my walk everyday....aren't I lucky? After walking we decided to get a few more things. We like to be stocked up so we don't have to run to town when we travel. Stopped at the camping store to get an extra part for the hot water heater. We spent the rest of the day here. It was really a beauty of a day. We are starting to be invaded with beetles....we cant stand them stinky bugs.

Wednesday October 7- Today the beetles are worse than ever. We aren't sure how they are getting in but boy are they.  Jeff cleaned out the inside of the truck, I did the windows. Then Jeff got busy checking and cleaning the hitch. We had supper early because we are going in for one last time to watch Sissy tumble. She really loves it.

After tumbling class we went to Seth and Katies's to watch the home opener of the Blackhawks. They will raise the Stanley Cup Banner first. The ceremony was good, the game not so much. They didn't win. We took Hailey home with us because her daycare was going to be closed tomorrow. One last overnight stay. That's a pleasant surprise.

Thursday October 8- She likes to come up and help me clean the shower house. We had appointments for the dogs to get there shots today. When we got back we plugged in Hailey's new easy bake oven and got busy. Hailey was so excited to mix and bake all by herself.


This day was Hailey day, what she wanted to do with us we did. After baking she wanted to go for a walk to the park and swing. It was a pretty day to be outside.

When we got back from the park she helped me make sugar cookies...big people ones. After we headed in to Ashton's hockey and drop Sissy off. We left a little early to go downtown to the Fab Four a Beatles tribute Band concert at the Paramount Theater.

What made this extra special is this is the place Justin and Molly have picked to get married in. It was a beautiful theatre. They redid the whole thing after the flood. It's going to be a great venue to get married in. Now on to the show. It was really good. They had a man introduce them that did a great impression of Ed Sullivan. The whole show was really impressive. Everyone sang along and
participated. The funny thing was Molly is so young that she didn't hardly know any of there songs. We thought everyone knew all the Beatles songs.

After the show we headed on home. It was a great night. The show was amazing and it was nice to spend the night with Justin and Molly.

Friday October 9- Today I went shopping for fabric with Molly. I told her I would make her a quilt for her wedding gift but she had to pick out the fabric. Went to Pine Needles to look. We just happened to walk into a big sale. It took awhile but Molly found some she liked. Then we went to JoAnn's to see if they had more fabric that matched. I even got the stuff I needed for my Christmas ornaments. After our shopping I came home and made a big batch of homemade noodles. Having the family over Saturday for a meal. I making there favorites. We had a visitor stop by....Lennie from Palo. He is a retired fire fighter from Cedar Rapids we met out here. We did a bit of visiting and spent the rest of the night watching campers pull in.

Saturday October 10- Started the day as usual, cleaning the shower house, the last weekend for that. I got busy making my chicken noodles for tonight. I wanted to have them ready to eat so I cooked them and put them in the crock pot. I had the potatoes peeled and ready to cook. Then we sat out our chairs. Its really windy today so we waited to get the campfire going. Justin and Molly came out first and she brought stuff to make caramel apple sangria. We were excited for Seth, Katie and the kids cause Hailey got her hair cut. We couldn't believe she did it....9 inches.

We had a real nice campfire and sat around and visited. We had our supper and I think everyone loved the noodles. I couldn't believe how many they ate. It always makes you feel good to feed people when they enjoy it. The wind was crazy most of the day. We had a great dinner, love when our family comes together.

We ended the evening with smores over the campfire. They were yummy too. It was a great night.

Sunday October 11- I decided to try and add some new pictures to our digital frame. It went pretty good except some of the pictures were upside down. I tried to fix them but I couldn't get it done, so I just took those off. We got our buoys that we brought back from Florida so the kids could paint them. We are going to take them with us when they go. The kids had a good time and did a great job.

Now we will have a artwork souvenir that the kids have done. We cleaned up the mess and Jeff and I went out for pizza at Godfathers. It was very good. We timed it just right because we made it right on time to watch our sons, Seth and Justin play hockey. They did a real good job and won the game 10-1.

Monday October 12- It was a busy day today. Last day to clean the shower house. Then I came back and got busy at home. Did the laundry, cleaned the camper, washed windows in the truck, Jeff waxed the front and back caps of the rig. Getting everything ready to go. We took some more stuff up to store for the winter. I had some cookies to give to the park manager and ranger too. While we were out we noticed how much the lake has dropped. They say its down 5 1/2 feet. They are going to take it down 15 feet. We wont be able to see that until next year.

Tuesday October 13- Finishing  up all loose ends today. Jeff checked all the tire pressures and the tire monitors. We loaded up the kayaks, bikes, chairs, and the grill. We are so close. I put some things away inside too, We have been sitting so long I want to make sure I don't forget anything. We went to town to pick up anything we needed. We also filled up the truck with fuel so we are all ready. We went to Ashton's  hockey practice one last time. Seth told us the girl that sells Jr. Roughrider stuff is there tonight. We wanted to get something to support him even if we are going to be down south. Jeff found a nice cap and I got a shirt. We ordered a sticker to put on the truck with his name and number on it. Ashton was really excited because he got the number he wanted #7. He did great at his practice and I know when we get back he'll be even better. We are very proud of him. Now the hard part. We gave out our hugs and left.

We stopped at Justin and Molly's to pick up our mail and tell them good bye. It was a quiet ride home. Kinda sad when we say our good byes. See ya in the spring.