Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Springs in Full Swing



Monday June 8- Its a real nice today without humidity. On Monday I usually do a lot of cleaning. I start the week out with lots of gusto so I figure I better get stuff accomplished. I worked on the rig inside, Jeff washed the roof and the rig outside. Its been awhile and it needed it. Jeff also repaired a chip in the truck window. I got them washed before he got to them. I went out to check on the baby bunnies. I must have frightened one he ran out over my foot and across the street. I was afraid they were too little to be out so Jeff went and caught him and put him back.






















Went into town to watch the Blackhawks play at home. It was close but no win....booooo.


Tuesday June 9- It was a nice morning but we are suppose to get some heat today. After my cleaning responsibilities I went on my walk. I have picked me a route out. I like to plan that way I know what to expect. I'm getting into a routine so its rather pleasant now. I just wanted to get it done before it gets too hot. I'm a wimp. Ashton had a change in his hockey this week. It's moved to Tuesday this week. We went in to watch.

Wednesday June 10- A sunny warm day, I'm liking this weather. Today consisted of getting more stuff done around here. The campground usually is pretty empty during the week but full up every weekend. It's really quiet around here especially during the week. We do most of our cleaning and maintenance during the week. The birds have begin to show up. The hummingbirds are back in full force. What's more fun than watching them......nothing.






















We had an early supper then headed in to Seth's house to watch the Blackhawks WIN!! That ties up the series. Another very exciting game.


Thursday June 11- Well after having those nice days we woke up to rain. It stopped long enough for me to get my walk in. Then it rained on and off the rest of the day. I got the borders added to my newest quilt project. I have to get the batting and backing so I can get it together and start on the quilting.


We ended the day with a  trip to town to watch Hailey's first tumbling class. She asked Papa if he would come and of course he said yes. When we got there they told us we couldn't watch but let us go in the last 10 minutes so she could show us what they did. She loved it.























Friday June 12- Another gloomy rainy day. Jeff managed to get his walk in but I didn't. I just walked around the campground loop. I told a camper the wrong information so I was watching for him to show up so I could give him the bad news. I had been worried about this for a couple days. Well it was taken care of so when I found out that I was one happy camper. Judy showed up around 8p.m. and we visited the night away.

Saturday June 13- Well it looks like that 30% chance of rain has changed...its raining so that seems like a 100%. Well we hung around here awhile then headed to town. First we took Judy to the new Pioneer Coop. Since the rain looked like it was here to stay we took in a movie. Went to Collins Road Theater...our favorite one here in town. They actually care about there customers. They also have real butter for the popcorn. While waiting for the movie to start we saw the add that had our grandson in it. This time I got a picture. That boy manages to get his picture more places.


The movie was The Age Of Adeline, we liked it and the popcorn. After the movie we stopped to get some stuff for supper. Made us chicken skewers, well they were supper yummy. After dinner we got ready for the game 5. Blackhawks really needed this game. Again another really exciting game and they did it.... a big win. Now the series is 3-2. Only need 1 more win.



Sunday June 14- Yeah....the sun is shining. We sat out and enjoyed the sunshine and the coffee. Judy and I went for a walk. Seth, Katie and the kids came out. Katie's mom and Ron were coming out to camp for a few nights. She was going to have a cookout for supper, so they came out early to see Judy.



Well Judy left around 3 and that's when Katie's family arrived. This was the first time to use this camper so they had a few issues. Well needless to say supper was running late so the kids left before they ate. Ashton stayed here but Sissy went home, she has swimming lessons tomorrow.


Monday June 15- Well it rained hard last night. It looked like rain for most of the day. It stayed cloudy with some sprinkles but we got some outdoor activities in.  Jeff and Ashton got to go fishing. I got my walk in with just a few sprinkles towards the end. We had to go to town to watch Hailey's first swim lesson. We went in early to get some supplies and a early supper. Went to Genghis Grill, one of our favorite places. We won't be going back, it was horrible. They have completely ruined this place. Next stop Cherry Hill and Hailey's swim lesson. It was really chilly and the wind was blowing. She did so good she really paid attention and did everything she was asked.



After the swim lesson we went back to Seth's. It's game 6 of the Stanley Cup Playoff.....Go Blackhawks!! They were playing in Chicago and they haven't won the cup at home since 1938. Well after 3 long periods....they did it!!! Stanley Cup Champions.....



We brought both kids back to the campground with us. Ashton was staying with Nana and Hailey was staying with us.



Tuesday June 16- Started the day off with homemade cinnamon rolls....yum. The kids kept all of us busy. We had a tea party at our place. Sissy was all about that. We had tea (apple juice) and cookies. Funny it wasn't about the food or drink. It was all about the process.






















Well after some lunch we headed to the beach. It was a perfect day for that. The kids had fun in the water with Nana. I watched from the beach. We stayed for a few hours and came back for supper. Before we could eat we had to get Sissy a bath. She doesn't like showers so we got a bit creative.


The kids ate at Nana's. After we took them to the fishing dock. They had some fun and caught a few fish.























We stayed til it started to get dark and headed back. Nana had a fire so the kids enjoyed some smores. Sissy came in with us and Ashton stayed with Nana.


Wednesday June 17- Well we must have wore her out she slept in til after 8 a.m. It was cloudy again. We had hoped to launch our rocket but the wind is too much today. Since it was cloudy we went back over to go fishing again. It was another successful fishing trip, well nothing to keep but still something on the end of the line.






















When we got back from fishing Nana and Papa Ron had left. We had some lunch and was just watching TV. Then Sissy complained of a tummy ache. She wasn't kidding she got sick. I called Katie because we were suppose to take her in to go to her swimming lessons. That wasn't going to happen. So Katie came and got her. She was still sick when she left. Not a good way to end our time together.


Thursday June 18- Boy is it quiet around here. I texted Katie to see if Hailey was better. She said now Ashton is sick too. Well I took advantage of all this quiet and did some cleaning. I defrosted the freezer, one of my least favorite jobs. I was happy when it was done. The weather outside was really nice so I did laundry. I even cleaned out all the basement compartments. Jeff was working on cleaning up one of the big foot legs so I helped him too. It was a very productive day. Since both kids are sick no activities tonight so we stayed home.


Friday June 19- Wow what a beautiful day. The sun was out and the humidity was low. It was almost cool. After cleaning I took my walk. It was cool enough I wore a sweatshirt. Since I worked so hard yesterday I decided to take the day off. I went to the beach. A perfect day for that. We went to town to watch Sissy swim. She put her head under...a big deal for her. Justin and Molly came to watch the swimming lesson as well. The boys gave Jeff his fathers day gift early. He got a Vivofit 2. His has a few more options than mine but does mostly the same thing. Tracking your steps, sleep etc. We stopped at a store and I got some bing cherries on sale. I love them. Now to get ready for the weekend. It's going to be a busy one. It seems there are more people than usual. Bring on the campers.




















































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment