Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Welcome Fall

Monday September 15, I have kinda designated this day as my cleaning day. I usually do some extra cleaning at the shower house, so I guess I just carry that momentum back to our home. My friend had to meet with the surgeon today so by keeping  busy I wasn't constantly worrying. She called to say she would have surgery on Wednesday. It's been rather cool here, below normal temps. So we decided chili would be a good fit for supper.

Tuesday sept. 16, Pretty uneventful day. Went to town to pick up some things. Jeff needed more wax cause it's time to wax the rig again before hitting the road. We tried a new restaurant for lunch, Jeff got a deal $20 worth of food for $10. The restaurant was Oyami. It's a Japanese grill and sushi house. We were extremely happy we only spent $10 because our meals were terrible. The chicken was hard to eat. Maybe the sushi is good. Don't think we will be visiting there again.

Wednesday Sept 17, Didn't get much sleep last night, thinking about my friends surgery today. I was waiting by the phone all morning. Her husband called as soon as he talked to the surgeon. Everything went well, she'll be home later tonight. I felt better after hearing from him. For supper Justin invited us to go with them to Smugglers Wharf. Molly's mom Tammy joined us as well. It was nice to meet her. We had a great time visiting but the food and service were just so so.

Thursday Sept 18, I got up really early to get my cleaning done. Then I loaded up my stuff into the truck and headed south to Keokuk. I'm going to spend a couple days with my friend. I'm going to take care of her. When I got there I was pleasantly surprised. Judy is doing great, she's not even feeling any pain. It was a great relief to see her and make sure she's ok. It was also great to just sit and visit. The weather was really nice so we sat outside on the deck and enjoyed the sunshine.

Friday Sept 19, Another full day at Judy's . Again the weather was picture perfect. Judy's friends from work came out for lunch. I heated up some soup, and had lunch outside on the deck. Another friend from church stopped by for a visit as well. Nice to see them. In the afternoon I drove Judy to see her mom. It's nice to see Glo. She's a character and she's just gotten more spicy with age. We sat with her for awhile, she started off a tad grumpy so first we had to get her in a better mood. By the time we left she was happy as a clam.... Time well spent. Headed back to Judy's and didn't do much of anything, just letting her rest up. 

Saturday Sept 20, I woke up before Judy today, I loaded up my stuff cause I'm heading back home. I talked some more before leaving around 9:30. It was really good for me to come back and see how Judy's doing. I think she enjoyed it too. I made one stop on my way home. I went to Dave's Old Fashioned meat market for some homemade wieners. The drive home was long. It was nice to be home, and back to my own stuff. So glad that Judy's doing so well and she's got a great attitude.

Sunday Sept 21, Slept really good in my own bed. Jeff and I got ready for church. After church we went to pick up the grand kids. We went for lunch at Pancheros, one of there favorites. Then on to the movie theater to see "Dolphin Tale 2" we liked it, the kids liked it so it was a great day spent with 2 very special kiddos.

Monday Sept 22, We got up super early today. Jeff took me in to Seth & Katies. I'm going to Chicago with them to attend the Chicago Blackhawk Training Camp. Jeff is staying back and hanging with Ashton. We drove into town, really lucky with the traffic. Drove to our hotel Crowne Plaza, it's really nice. Unloaded our stuff then headed downtown to get lunch and do some shopping. We grabbed a taxi to P F Changs for a light lunch ... It was yummy. The lettuce wraps are really good. Then we walked around and looked at some shops. I was looking for a specific shop....Garret's Popcorn Shop. I got me a bag of carmelcorn so I was happy. We didn't really buy to much but it's always an adventure exploring. We grabbed a taxi back to our hotel. We unloaded and headed to the united center. On our way made one stop. Seth wanted me to experience Billy Goats. So after a beverage we contined our walk to the United Center. The line to get in was already quite long. The tickets to get in were only $5.00. It was general admission. The first 12,000 got free   Duncan Keith bobble heads. We stood in line for about 1 1/2 hours. The doors opened at 5, then the scrimmage between the Blackhawks and the Blackhawks started at 7. Jeff in the mean time had a big night planned for Ashton and him. Ashton called to say they were living like kings. First they went to Planet X.... A place to play laser tag, putt putt golf, rock climbing, you know all the good stuff. After they headed to Red Lobster to feast. Ashton had crab legs and Jeff unlimited shrimp. They had a wonderful time together. Ashton is only  9 but already seems to be outgrowing us. In the meantime in Chicago. We got our bobble heads and found some really good seats. It was really exciting to see all the players in real life that I've watched on TV. I know it would have been more exciting to watch a real game but I had a blast. They played each other the red team and the white team. After the game they had a shoot out that was fun to watch too. I loved it. Someday I hope to attend a real game. After we walked back towards the hotel. Again another stop at Billy Goats for  Hamburgor, fries and coke... No Pepsi. Got back to the hotel and couldn't wait to get my shoes off . My dogs are barking...we walked all over was great, but my feet are feeling it.

Tuesday Sept 23, The beds were super comfy. We got up and headed across the street for breakfast. The restaurant was called Eggsperience. It was wonderful but kinda cashy but the food was awesome . My daughter inlaw had an egg white omelet that was enormous, she said it tasted as good as it looked. Seth had French toast and he gave me a bite.... It was yum. After eating we headed out stopping at Total Hockey to get Seth and Ashton's skates sharpened. Then back  in the car and to the outlet mall in Aurora. The funny thing here was we noticed a Disney store, we didn't know they had one. Katie and I were outside the store when the lady unlocked the door asked if we wanted to come in. Well yes, we were there very first customers. Seems this is there first day, we found the Frozen section and a really special dress that Katie couldn't say no to. Just so happens they have shoes to match. So she had to purchase them as well. I know a little girl that's gonna have a great birthday. The rest of our trip home was uneventful, the way we like it.

Wednesday Sept 24, Jeff wanted to go to town. Seth and Katie told us about a new phone plan they are advertising. It's a sprint ad, I have Sprint now and the coverage is not that good here in Iowa. The cost was gonna be less and I would get a new phone. Well, we stopped in the Sprint store to talk. Then next door was the Verizon store, went in to talk to them. They are offering a plan, unlimited talk, text, and 2 gigs of data for $60. If you are a new customer they give you another gig of data. Also a new IPhone, pretty much free cause they give you $200 for your old iPhone. It seemed to be just what we were looking for so ordered a phone and a new phone plan for us. Hopefully this will work better for us. Then to celebrate went and got pedicures. Jeff's first one ever and I think he liked it. For supper we just had leftover soup ...a new recipe (chicken tortilla soup)....taste even better the second time around.

Thursday Sept 25, Its a gorgeous day and I decided to start on the wood in the rig. I got some stuff called Restore a Finish. You just rub it on the wood, it really is making it look better. There is a lot of wood in here. It needs to be nice out  cause you definitely want some ventilation while applying this.  It's gonna take a couple days to get it all done. I got a call from my friend after she talked to the oncologist, it sounds like everything's looking good. Have to wait for a test to see what's next but it sounds good. We went in to watch Ashton's hockey practice cause we won't be around much longer to watch. He did a great job. He listened and showed great hustle . To reward him we stopped at a new restaurant.... Burgerfry. Oh my my that place has great burgers and frys. Seth got a milkshake and we tried it. Should have ordered a shake....well next time.

Friday Sept 26, More plans today ... It's either feast or famine. I worked on the woodwork again today. Didn't get it finished but I finished the bedroom and bathroom. We were getting ready to head to the Amana Colonies when Jeff got to talking to one if the campers here. We probably visited with him over an hour. When we left,we didn't feel we had time to go into town. We went to the RV park there in the Amana Colonies. The Carriage/ Lifestyle group was having a get together. Jeff met them thru there forums . They were camping there, we couldn't do that but asked if we could come over to meet them. They were having brats and burgers tonight.  Everyone we met was nice. The food was good and it was nice to compare stories.

Saturday Sept 27, It was summer like out there today. After getting my laundry started I got busy making some deviled eggs and pecan bars to take back to the rally. They are having a pot luck tonight. We left to go over early, this time we went into town. I wanted to visit the quilt store which I must say is fabulous, lots of beautiful fabric. I also went to the bakery, I have to get the crispies, my favorite. Jeff went to the brewery there. He loves there Millstream octoberfest brew. After we both got our shopping done we drove over to the RV park and the pot luck dinner. We toured a couple of the rigs and then everyone ate. Again the food was great, and the company better.

Sunday Sept 28, We went to church at Cedar Rapids Family Church. Went to the second service. Hailey is coming out tonight so we ran to the store to get some supplies. Came home to get rested up after all our running.  Went into pick up Hailey. We had promised to take her to Toys R Us to look for a birthday gift. She had a great time looking around. We got some ideas of what to get. Then we went to Justin's for Italian beef sandwiches.... Love them. We headed back home and got Hailey settled in. When she comes to visit we pretty much do what she wants. What a fun busy weekend.