Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Squaw Creek - Chicago Trip

Monday July 22 we traveled across town again. He had packed most of the stuff ahead of time so we made good time. We timed it just right as we were pulling a big 5th wheel was coming out of the park, jokingly I said we are gonna take there spot and I actually think we did. We had the 1st spot on the left , we had it before and liked it cause its close to the showers, the dump station, etc, its handy lets say that. I did up some  laundry and we had some odor issues so we worked on that. Went to town for supper and when we got back the weather looked a bit scary luckily it missed us... yeah!

Tuesday the weather had changed it was really nice in the upper 70's. I decided to make good use of the weather, first a walk then when I got back I brought all the screens out and washed them. So when I put them back inside I had to clean the windows and the sills. Funny how one thing leads to another. Jeff was busy outside washing the roof. I also managed to give our schnauzer (Belle) a haircut.

Wednesday another lovely day and another great walk. I saw 3 baby deer and 2 big turkeys. Today I worked on cleaning all the a.c. vents, fans, and anything else I could find dusty. Jeff did some waxing on the HOW.  We had supper and I started to get things together for my weekend away. We went across town to watch Ashton play hockey. He always seems happy that we come, you can tell by his face.

Thursday July 25th my oldest sons birthday...he's 34!! I kinda have a tradition I like to call them 1st thing in the morning and sing to them... They say they hate it but secretly I think they like it. We had planned to meet them at Red Lobster for supper. I brought him a cheesecake. Supper was tasty and everyone left full. I went home with Seth and Katie, Jeff left with Ashton. Now my weekend was completely different then Jeff's. Jeff was at the HOW with the dogs and Ashton. Me, I spent the weekend in downtown Chicago with my boys and daughter in law. We took off toward Chicago around 7am. We stopped at the outlet mall, it was a bit rainy but nothing we couldn't handle. We had a room at the Hilton. It was a nice place but as we arrived the place was packed. Full of people in red. I forgot to tell you that we were in Chicago to attend the Blackhawk convention. We waited in line to check in, at least they were quick. The boys went down to check out the convention and the opening ceremonies. Katie and I went to check out Michigan Avenue. We met at PF Changs for dinner. Then by the time we got back everyone was exhausted. Katie and I walked all over town... My dogs were barking!

Saturday Seth was up so early you would have thought it was Christmas morning. They headed to all the festivities of the convention. Us girls headed for breakfast and then to check out the Chicago bean before all the people woke up. Both of us really liked it, better when it's not so crowded. The weather was so weird, remember its the end of July and I don't think it hit ..70 degrees. Not complaining its better than 90's and humid. Kt and I walked all over Chicago. We met the boys for lunch, oh yeah they are having fun too. More shopping and of course when in Chicago you have to get caramel corn at Garret's. Met up for supper then back to the room. Was gonna hit the hot tub & pool but was too tired.

Sunday up, dressed and headed out to beat traffic and we did. Stopped at Ihop for breakfast. Stopped at a hockey store to get Ashton a new stick. Then our last stop before heading home....IKEA, love that store. We kept getting phone calls from Ashton wondering when we were gonna be home. I think he was excited about the surprises Mom and Dad were bringing.

Ashton and PaPa had a great 3 days together. After spending the night on Thursday we got up early Friday for a 5 mile bike ride around the park. Later we headed to Prairie Park Fisherie for some fishing fun.. Ashton caught 14 fish of all kinds. A half dozen catfish, a couple of stripers and a few blue gill and perch. He really had a good time . Later in the afternoon we went to Pancheros for a late lunch-early supper and after that we headed to the Collins Road Theater for Iron Man 3.  I would say we most definitely had a full day of activities and both of us were tired at the end of the day. 

We started Saturday with another bike ride and some Geocaching. After we  logged a couple of caches we made our way to the playground so Ashton could climb and swing on the equipment. I asked him what he wanted to do in the afternoon and he told me he wanted to go to the Play Station. This is a kids indoor jungle gym with slides, tunnels, ball pits and other apparatus for kids to play on. He of course had a good time while I watched from the spectator area. In the evening we stayed in and watched the movie Captain Ron.

Sunday we just hung out around the campground and played some Frisbee horseshoes and some trac ball. Ashton was excited for his Mom and Dad to get home because they had told him he was getting some surprises.

We had planned to leave for Decorah on Monday but I had lots to do so we waited one more day.

Monday was a busy one for me, I did laundry, defrosted the freezer, hit the grocery store and filled up the gas tank.