Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Bounce back to Morgan Creek



Monday July 8th we were packed up and on the road by 9 A.M. We backed into spot #12. I think it was good we were so early cause its really hot &. humid. Jeff has been dealing with some ringing in his ears so he decided to call his Dr. He can see him on Thursday so he also called our dentist to check if there were openings on Thursday. Yes it's a go. I got the laundry done today and to finish off the day we met some friends for dinner. We went to a new place called Parlor City, it was very good but the company was better. Jeff liked it cause they had lots of different beer on tap. He found one he really liked and stayed with it...I had Pepsi.

Tuesday it's so so hot...it rained a lot so Jeff took me over to clean my younger sons house.

When we woke up on Wednesday we had a surprise the humidity had dropped, it was wonderful. We went for a nice walk and since the weather is nice I thought I would sit outside. We got a call from our daughter in-law telling us our grand daughter is sick so we got to babysit. I hate that she doesn't feel good but she's so snugly and loving when she doesn't feel well. It's Wednesday night so we watched Ashton's hockey.

Thursday morning we had to make our last reservation in Florida but we didn't get what we had hoped for. That made us almost late to get Jeff to his Dr. Appointment. It was close but we made it on time. While we were in town we got to visit with friends we haven't seen in awhile. Had lunch with my best friend. Jeff got to stop at the fire station and catch up there. For supper we made plans to get together with Porters some of the nicest people we know. The dinner was good too. The only bad thing we talked so much we ended up driving back in the dark, something we don't like to do.

Friday a beauty of a day, got to talking to the campground host and shot most of the morning but it was worth it. We enjoyed the rest of the day and even had frozen yogurt from orange leaf....yum !!

Saturday we got up and decided to surprise our grand kids so we hopped on our bikes and rode to there house. It's not that far away but the main road is fairly busy and not much shoulder to escape to. So we went around another way. It was cloudy and it sprinkled a bit. Our daughter in law was in Des Moines running in a color run. Sissy and I decided to support her with a chalk drawing in the driveway.

We came back to the campground and decided to take a rode trip. We drove to the Amana Colonies. Did a little shopping, they have lots of homemade items. Fudge shops, ice cream, coffee, pastry,need I say more. They even had a quilt store...yeah! We came back home again and the weather still wasn't that great so we went to a movie (The Heat) so funny. What a full day that was.

Sunday went to church and then our younger son came over for pizza. Visited with some neighbors and that was about it. Kinda boring considering our Saturday schedule. Did have a little excitement though our power went off.... Really like having electricity, it definitely makes life easier.

Monday I'm not sure what got in to me, I started cleaning and it was so contagious. I cleaned out everything, the cabinets, drawers, medicine cabinet, closets you name it i cleaned it. I even got rid of a lot of stuff. Then to finish the day I even got my laundry done.

Tuesday we had the grand kids for the day. So to start it off we had pancakes. The bad thing was it was so hot. We went for a walk. Then went to the store. Well Walmart... Sissy and I had a big decision to make....what color of tulle to get for her princess dress, she picked purple. Since it was so hot we watched a movie and made cupcakes. I even got to paint Sissy's toes. Sissy went home but Ashton stayed all night.

Another scorcher on Wednesday. Ashton picked waffles for breakfast and let me know how good they were. We went on a bike ride which was horrible cause it was so hot. Ashton rested up cause he has hockey tonight.



Thursday was smoking hot again. Didn't do much just trying to stay cool. We did have another visitor, Barkley the wonder dog came to spend a few nights with us. Three dogs might be pushing it a bit, I kinda thought I might want another dog but after watching Barkley I've decided that 2 dogs are plenty. Friday was a bit cooler but still pretty warm. We just tried to keep the dogs separated. It takes awhile for them to get used to each other. It's only the 2 weenie dogs that have problems.


Saturday we headed to the farmers market in downtown Cedar Rapids. We went with our daughter in law and grand kids. I have to say that this farmers market is one of the best ones. They have everything, from produce to crafts. It's really busy though. We got a few things, well Jeff did. He likes the honey and got some maple syrup. We had the kids come out around supper time. The kids had a wedding so we got the gifts.(grand kids) Went to Godfathers for pizza, then home for a movie. They picked them up that night.

Sunday Justin picked up Barkley so it was really quiet here at the HOW! I decided to do some baking, one of my favorite things to do. Jeff went to a movie and I started piecing together a quilt. Going to hit the road tomorrow back across town for a  week before heading north.




No comments:

Post a Comment