Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Back to Morgan Creek

Tuesday June 18.

 We packed up and headed over to Morgan Creek for a week. We found us a good spot and as we were backing into it we saw our friends right behind us as they had just pulled in as well. We had everything set up by 10am without incident. That was nice. I  put up my hummingbird feeder and my new bird feeder.

We went and got Ashton to spend the night cause its suppose to be nice tomorrow so were taking him fishing. Well it happened a beautiful day and we took full advantage of it. Drove to Pleasant Creek and unloaded the kayaks. First thing I spotted was a snake swimming in the water. Got the kayaks all rigged up and Jeff got Ashton in and gave him some instructions. He's never been out in the boat alone. He did real well and loved it. When they came back we enjoyed a picnic lunch and then the boys tried fishing. They didn't have much luck but we were impressed at Ashton's casting skills. They went back out for another boat ride before loading up and heading back. We had to get Ashton rested up before hockey.


We got a new bike rack so that's what Jeff worked on Thursday. He thinks its gonna be so much better than our old one. Its a Thule 916 XTR . Then we had to get Hailey from daycare cause Katie has to work late. We got a little bit of time with her which is always welcomed. Then to finish out the night we went in to watch the ski show.... Well it really wasn't what we expected.

Then on Friday it stormed again. So much so that we went to the shelter house. I also made an apple pie cause my best friends coming up to spend the weekend. I had to drive and meet her so when she called we went and lead her back to the campsite. When we got back to the rig we just hung out and visited. So nice to catch up with her. We talked til we were falling asleep then headed to bed.

Saturday we went across town to Justin's and Jeff went with him to shop for a tv.  Judy and I did a bit of shopping as well. When we got home we sat outside and enjoyed the weather. Jeff made a huge batch of chicken stir fry, so yummy!! After supper we headed back to Justin's to watch the Blackhawks win!!!! It was great to watch cause we watched it on a 92 inch projection screen.

Sunday we went to Seth's so Judy could see the kids and also because Hailey really wanted to see Judy. After we went to Pancheros and got lunch cause Judy had never been. Ashton came with us cause its one of his favorites. We sent Judy on her way home and Ashton came home with us. He really wanted to come and if he wants to spend time with us we figure better take advantage of that. I'm sure there will be a time when he won't want to come and see us.


When we got home I started making Hailey some flip flops with ribbons on them. I had shown her the ribbons and purple flip flops and she was really excited to have them.


Well Monday came in like a lion, it's raining again and it's suppose to all day. We tried to keep Ashton entertained with cards, games, and the Wii but the guys decided to take in a movie. I stayed back cause the weather and the dogs. They were having all kinds of warnings and watches. I just kept my eyes open and watched the news. Finally the weather stated that the warnings did not include Cedar Rapids so I gave a sigh of relief the next thing I know the sirens are going off. So I'm trying to get the dogs on there leashes, my phone, quilt, charger, umbrella, you know all the necessities. I headed to the shelter in the pouring rain. Katie is texting me wondering if I heard the sirens. All I could do was wait to hear from the guys. The storm missed us, we just got lots and lots of rain. We are suppose to move tomorrow but gonna wait and see.
 
 Decided to go ahead and leave on Tuesday the 25th, there was a break in the weather so we started to load up. It was a mess, everything is so wet and dirty. Normally we put things up early but no chance of that this time. Got it done and heading across town.






No comments:

Post a Comment