Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Friday, February 28, 2020

Month #2 at JD

Monday February 3- Had a busy day today. I left early and went to Walmart. I had a small list and actually found everything on my list. It was really quiet there this morning, definitely the time to go. I got back home and decided to do the laundry. I also got  all the rows sewn together on my new quilt project. Then I got busy making a new recipe. Ken and Sandie are having a Mexican dinner tonight at there site. I found a recipe that seemed appropriate. It was called cheesecake dessert nachos. I think they turned out good. We took them to the dinner and there was a really good turnout. The weather was decent too. Everything was really good. It was a great time with great food and great people.



























Tuesday February 4- Our work week starts today. It was a little chilly out there this morning. Seems like this year we are having cooler temps. The good news is it warmed up fairly quick. The day went good. with no surprises. When I got home I worked a little bit trying to get some more of the glue that is still on the slide from those decals. That stuff just doesn't come off easy. We fixed supper and took the dogs for a walk.


Wednesday February 5- Really nice day today and work was super easy. We finished by 1. Again I worked on the glue off the slide. I think the bottom 2 decals are fairly clean. Now we need to do the same thing to the 2 decals up high. I sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine. Jeffrey and Maren came down for a happy hour. Then we made supper and called it a day.

Thursday February 6- It really warmed up today. It even was warm at 7:30 a.m. when we went to work. Another good day on the job. We had a couple campers that didn't want to pull out. Jeff stayed around and waited for them. I made a trip to the quilt store to get fabric for the border. Then I had to go back to Walmart to get batting and a flat sheet for the back. Then one more stop to pick up my prescriptions. When I got home I cut the border, pinned it on and then sewed it on. Then I needed to press the seems. Next to layer, mark and start the quilting process.

Friday February 7- Boy did we get some rain last night. It didn't want to stop either. So I spent the morning cleaning. I always seem to get started on one cabinet which leads to another and another. I got rid of some stuff and reorganized other stuff. The good news is the weather cleared up. They were talking about rain all day. Jeff worked on the top 2 decals, removing glue. After things dried up I got my quilt stuff outside to layer and pin it. Next step on the quilt is marking and the hand quilting.



We got cleaned up and went to dinner at Outback. We had a gift card about to expire. We got there before it got busy and our meals were really good. After finishing we drove down to The Twisted Trunk Brewery. Tonight's entertainment was The Leafy Greens. We saw them before and really liked them and wanted to see them again. We were early and the place was hopping. We found a place to sit and enjoy the show. These two really know how to put on a show and are super friendly to bring in the crowd. We had a great night.









 Saturday February 8- When we got up we got busy. I did  some cleaning up inside and outside. We have invited Tom and Michelle, and Ken and Jana over for biscuits and gravy. I also made my homemade cinnamon rolls. Jeff prepared the gravy and put it in the instant pot to keep warm. I put the cinnamon rolls together as well. Jeff wanted to wait to prepare the biscuits, so they would be hot. I opened the can and put them on a baking sheet. About half way through the cooking time Jeff came in to check on them. He said that there was something not right. Pulled them out and he was right. They were like rocks. They were weird looking on the outside. It was as if all the moisture in them had disappeared. Well I had another tube of them that I bought at the same time at the same place. We went ahead and tried them but again they were a flop. Jeff had left to go to the store to get more. We couldn't figure out what had happened. I mean how hard is it to cook biscuits? While waiting for the biscuits the rolls were done, or I thought. They didn't cook right either. A double flop. I cooked them in a different oven. The next batch of biscuits turned out so the breakfast was rescued. Here is what our crappy biscuits looked like. I let Pillsbury know about it.





Sunday February 9- Today we headed to church, it's a big day with a big announcement. The told everyone when the grand opening of there new building will be......May 17... Jeff and I were a bit disappointed, we wanted to visit the new building before we head north. I guess we will have to wait until next year. The worship and message was great. It is super windy today. I started on the quilting on my latest project today. While I was sitting outside quilting Ken and Mary pulled in. They were volunteers before but are now just visiting for a few days. They stopped by to visit.  Then we headed to Blue Point to listen to some live music. When we arrived the place was a mad house. Lots of dirty tables and chairs all over. We had 2 waiters, kind of. I'm not sure even when we left who was getting the tip. At least Jeff's sandwich was good. I always rave about there chicken strips but not today. They were cooked was too much.


Monday February 10- Hung around here most of the day. We made plans for the rest of the week with Ken and Mary and other volunteers. We have a lot going on so we rested up today.


Tuesday February 11- The start of the work week. It was a warm one. It went fairly well. Then at 2 o'clock we went to get Ken and Mary. We took a road trip to Drive Shack in West Palm Beach. They run a special on Tuesday's, $12.00 per hour all day. It didn't take too long to get there and we got a bay on the second story. Someone was right there to explain the rules and the different games you could play. We figured out our game and got started.








We had drinks and some appetizers. It was all good. We played for a couple hours. We had a great time. It was our first visit here and we were impressed. It was clean, the help was very helpful and on top of things. We had couches in our bay and a nice table for our food and drink. It was a warm day but it was perfect sitting out there. We just loved the whole experience. We got home and stayed around here the rest of the night.



Wednesday February 12- Another warm day at work. It was a foggy start to our day. Today after work the volunteers are having a happy hour with snacks at 4:00. So after work I got a meat and cheese tray together. We headed to the party and we had a really good turnout. There was lots of food and conversation. We really have a good group of people here volunteering. Here our a few shots of the evening.




















Everyone had a great time and the weather was perfect as well.


Thursday February 13- Today was the end of our work week. It was warm and smooth running. When I finished I cleaned up and went to town. I went back to the quilt store. The last time I went I spotted this fabric that I loved but didn't get. So I went back and got a couple different fabrics. Then I went to Walmart to get some quilting supplies. I needed a new cutting mat before starting my next project. I got home and it wasn't long before we left again. Ken and Mary came over and we went to the Square Grouper to meet Steve, Claire and Pam for a happy hour. It was a beauty of a day to sit by the water with great friends. It was a real nice afternoon.



We came back to the park and had supper but the night wasn't quite over yet. At 6:30 some of the volunteers gathered at the pavilion to play LRC. If you've never played it's a great game for a group of people. We had a decent group and played a couple games. It was a fun time for sure. Jeff and I didn't win but still had fun.




Friday February 14- Happy Valentines Day. We have a couple from church coming over this morning at 9:00. We invited them for coffee but didn't want to have nothing to eat so we went to Jupiter Donuts and got some donuts. When we got back a got a text saying that they would be here as soon as the coffee cake was done. So I gave some donuts to Ken and Mary to eat as they are traveling to there next spot. When hung around here today getting the laundry caught up. We had planned to go to Carlin Park for a free concert. It is a Chicago tribute band named Solid Brass. Well the weather was really looking less than ideal. It is outside and we just didn't feel that lucky. We had a change in plans. We went to Sneaky Tiki in Stuart. We met Maren and Jeffrey for dinner and we got to listen to Jodi Gaines. We haven't seen them for a while. It did rain a little on the way and while we were there. I'm not sure it ever did rain at Carlin Park. We saw them last year so it wasn't that big of a deal. We had a great night anyway.



Saturday February 15- The day started off dry but that didn't last long. We did get the dogs a walk before the rain started. It rained on and off most of the day. We went in to pick up a few groceries and a movie form Redbox. We came home and I quilted, finished quilting the second row, out of 8 rows. We also watched the movie. We got Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. It wasn't our favorite. To strange for me. Then both of us were really craving a home cooked meal so we made us one of them. Then at 6 o'clock we left to meet Maren and Jeffrey at The Tequesta Brewing Company. We were going there to listen to The Leafy Greens Band. The place was hopping but we found us some great seats. The show was fantastic. This young couple really work hard at pleasing the crowd. It was a fun night. Ron and Ann even came for a bit, they are volunteers here at the park too.






Sunday February 16- It a pretty day this morning. We got ready to go to church. It was a awesome service today. The worship and the word was great. Then  we hurried home so I could put together a casserole for our small group. It meets at 1:00. So as soon as it was done it was just about time to head over there. We had great fellowship and a bible study. We were home by 3 o'clock and both of us our worn out. It has been a super busy week...so until next time......


























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment