Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

These Gnats.....

Monday June 10- I had a lot of things I wanted to get done today. We are going to have Hailey come out to stay for a few days and I knew I wouldn't get much done with her here. She likes to keep us busy. I like to give the shower house a real good cleaning on Mondays, after the crowd leaves. What is funny, the crowd left but we had more show up. Usually we have some campers but this week we had more than usual. It was a pretty nice day, I tried to sit outside for a bit but you can't stay too long because the gnats just won't leave you alone. They like to fly in your ears, up your nose and sit on the inside of your glasses. That's not too annoying.... I got all my cleaning done plus a hair cut for me and a bath for Ruby.


Tuesday June 11- Katie brought out Hailey first thing this morning. We started the day off with pancakes for breakfast, followed by a competitive game of Old Maid. We decided to make it a movie day today. It's going to be rainy with a side of gnats. Hailey picked Aladdin. We went to the morning show. Everyone enjoyed the show along with the popcorn. Before heading back we made a few stops. First we went to WalMart to get a piece of memory foam for Sis to sleep on. Then to the store to get a few things for the rest of our meals while Hailey is here. We had to take Hailey in to gymnastics at 6 so we made her an early supper. We dropped her off and then met Seth and Katie at Cancun, a Mexican restaurant for dinner. We had a yummy supper, then off to watch the rest of Hailey's 2 1/2 hours of class.







Wednesday June 12- Miss Ruby woke up early today. That doesn't usually happen. I think we put Hailey's bed to close to her crate. We got the shower house cleaned with help from Sis. Then we came back and made breakfast. Scrambled eggs with cheese and toast. Hailey was a big help of course.







After breakfast we made our way to The Czech Museum, Hailey went with her school and couldn't wait to take us and give us a tour. It was a bit cloudy out but we had a fun time looking through the museum. She showed us all the important things, which was a doll, the marionettes and clothes. Jeff did some reading and learned a few things. We had fun. On our way back to the campground we spotted a turkey in the road right outside the park. We were excited to see that but there was a bonus, she had some baby turkeys too. Hailey thought that was really neat, so did we. We got back and got busy. Big plans this afternoon. First Hailey wanted to make some no bake cookies. She did a good job mixing, stirring and dropping them on wax paper. She is a big help because she wants to do everything.


After making cookies we got our craft stuff out. Last year I helped Sis do her room in a mermaid theme. So while I was in Florida I gathered lots of little seashells so we could make a picture frame for her room.  I got out the wooden frames I bought, glue gun and glue sticks. Then I brought in the shells and Hailey picked out which ones she wanted to use. I had to run the glue gun but she did a really good job in placing all the shells. We also looked through some pictures so she had something to put in the frame. Another successful craft project......

                             
We finished off the evening with a great supper and watching game 7 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs....St Louis Blues wins.....it only took 52 years to get it done.


Thursday June 13- This morning I had to go to a appointment in town. Hailey stayed back with Papa. She had a tummy ache to start the day. We set her up in our bed with a movie. By the time I got back she was feeling better. It was a pretty day out there but you can't go outside because the gnats. If you go out there they just won't leave you alone...so annoying. We stayed inside playing games and watching movies. I sure wish we could get a break from these gnats. Hailey really likes to be outside doing things, me too. I had to take Hailey in to gymnastics again. We left early so I could drop off her suitcase, cookies and her frames. Then to gymnastics. I was going to stay and watch some but she told me just to drop her off. I did and then I went over to say hi to Miss Maddyn. She was very busy tonight, I left so she could have supper and came back home. It was really quiet here cause Jeff was down in Palo playing guitar.


Friday June 14- I did a thorough cleaning of my shower house. We are going to have a full park this weekend. The rest of the day just did some cleaning and putting things away. I also got some quilting done. Justin invited us to go to Cedar Rapids Kernel game tonight. They are having a work thing there. You get in for free and all you can eat and drink. They also had a really nice area set up to eat and enjoy the game. We went over to Justin and Molly's and they drove to the game. It was a really fun evening. The weather held off and the gnats didn't show up here. We had space so Maddyn had room to roam and enjoy all that was around. She was quite entertaining to say the least.







winner winner chicken dinner

We stayed for the whole game and then headed for home. I think everyone had a great time. Baseball is usually not our favorite sport to watch but I guess it depends on the company you keep. They came away with a win tonight too.


Saturday June 15- Today I went to town to do a few errands for myself. Jeff stayed back because most of the stops I was making he wasn't going to like. Well on a good note I got everything I had on my list. I even found some other things that I couldn't pass up. I had to go to Joann's to get some batting and binding fabric for a baby quilt I am doing. Then when I got there they had so many sales going on...win...win...After doing all my running I headed back, I had gotten Jeff a sandwich for lunch. We had planned on going to a festival tonight. Wellstrung was playing and Jeff wanted to go early because there was another band he wanted to hear. Well as the day went on the weather really started changing. We were watching the radar and this front was so weird. It looked like it was going to hit there so we decided to wait and just go and watch Justin and Jordan. Well that front just kept swirling around. We ended up staying home. I even spent some time in the shower house because there were calling for winds up to 70 mph. We were lucky the wind didn't show up but we had plenty of rain. I did get lots of quilting done.


Sunday June 16- Happy Father's Day everyone. We went to church, early because we are greeting today. Justin texted me and invited us to join them for lunch after church. We met them at Bushwood for pizza. Maddyn was excited to see us and everyone that walked by her in her high chair. She is a very friendly little girl. She sure knows how to put a smile on your face. After lunch we headed home, stopping to get something for dinner. We came on back and watched as new campers came in. I can tell that the lake, beach is open. We are a lot more busy during the week this year that's for sure.

Monday June 17- Monday's always seem to be my busy day, getting stuff done day. After a busy weekend it's good to clean up in the shower house. Then I thought I better use my washing machine. I have been going in and using the kids. We actually didn't have rain coming for most of the day. I hang my clothes out so that's a must. I did 3 loads cause our washer is small, so this takes a little time to get done. We purchased our washer ourselves and put it in. We really like having it. It's not so good for sheets and towels, it makes the spinning a problem. I took Miss Ruby for a nice walk today. I put on my head phones to keep the gnats out of my ears....We walked down by the water and sat in the swing overlooking the lake. Ruby likes to swing.


When we got back I did some cleaning in the rig. Then we heard from the volunteer coordinator at Jonathan Dickinson, we needed to fill out some paperwork for them online. Jeff and I both got that done too. We stayed here all day and both felt like we got some things accomplished today.


Tuesday June 18- It's another gray rainy day today. Most of the time we go to a movie, but there is nothing on we want to see. I decided to add pictures to our electronic picture frame. So I went through and added lots of pictures. I was pretty proud of myself until I noticed a lot of the pictures I put on were upside down. Well that's weird cause they didn't look upside down on the computer. Well I spent so much time doing this I needed to step away from the computer and rest my eyes. We decided to take a road trip. We have some friends camping at Squaw Creek and we thought we would go by and see them. Well when we got there, they weren't there so we headed back in town. Jeff wanted to stop at Dick's. So we did some looking around before we headed back. At least we got out of the rig for a bit. This weather this spring/summer has been something. It's hard to get outside and enjoy much. I can't wait until these gnats move on....

Wednesday June 19- Woke up to gray and rainy weather.....again. So today I decided to try and fix my mess on our electronic frame. I had a plan but it was going to be quite time consuming. First I had to figure out which ones and how many are upside down. I had over 50 pictures. It was quite a process. I thought I had it all fixed. Then when I turned it on....still found 5 pictures I didn't get...dang it. That's going to wait for another day. This is becoming quite the project. We fixed an early dinner of BLT's. We are heading over to Justin and Molly's to see Maddyn and Jeff is going to play guitar with Justin. We had fun building with Maddyn...




Thursday June 20- Today we got up early, Jeff has an appointment in Burlington Iowa at the skin doctor. It's quite a drive. We had clear weather to drive in. After his appointment we stopped by a branch of our bank here. They have been bought and we wanted to check on some things. They seem to answer our questions. Then we went for lunch and got on the road back. We made one stop at Davis Homes. They sell manufactured homes. We aren't ready to settle yet but we like to know what is available. Both of us agree that we want something small. We have been living in 400 square feet and so anything more seems roomy..They had a couple that we liked. We got the information and prices and headed home. We got home and noticed how many campers have pulled in. We had a early supper and headed in to River Of Life Church. They are having a special concert tonight. They had a good crowd show up and the music and message were good.

Josh Misener

White Ribbon Day

Friday June 21- What a long crappy day. It rained almost the whole day....so yucky. We had planned on attending Rock The Block tonight, but that didn't happen.


Saturday June 22- It was suppose to be rainy today, but mother nature tricked everyone. It was just partly cloudy. We even saw some blue sky. We went in to Seth and Katie's to pick up Ashton and Hailey and take them to lunch. They picked the Texas Roadhouse. It was good. We had made a big deal about no phones at the table, so I didn't get mine out to get a picture. We don't see Ashton too much because he is getting older and busy with his friends. We dropped them off at home and came home ourselves. We were watching the weather because they are having a special Saturday night Rock The Block tonight. It looks like the weather will hold so we went in to that. Remember those friends we went to see a couple days ago? The ones that weren't there? Well we ran in to them there. We got to visit for a bit. The show was good and we stayed for almost all of it....the gnats, well they showed up but kept to themselves tonight.


We left Rock The Block and made our way to Greys, it's a bar where our son Justin is playing with Jarrod Hogan. We went there and watched for a couple of hours. I looked on radar and noticed we have lots of rain coming our way. We made it back before it started. It rained a lot while we were sleeping.

Sunday June 23- When we got up it wasn't raining, after we took out the dogs the rain started. It did stop by the time we left for church. We enjoyed church today and after we met Seth and Katie at Lowes. Katie got Seth a new grill for fathers day. We just happen to have a truck. So we got to be the delivery service. Then we came on back to the park. We had a busy night, lots of campers wanting to get spots. We have been busier than usual this year. The cleaning part of this job is easy. The questions we answer are easy but not all people like the answers...... I hope the next 2 weeks we will have less rain, clouds and gnats.......













































No comments:

Post a Comment