Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The End of Summer

Monday September 7- Its Labor Day, and the end to a real busy fun weekend. We got a little rain last night and it looks like it could rain some more this morning. We had to get up early and head to Seth and Katie's, they along with Justin and Molly are playing in a golf tournament. I just hope they stay dry......they did. We got to spend the day with our two favorite kiddos. Jeff and Ashton got started putting together the Wright Brothers Flyer that we got him for his birthday. Well they said easy assembly but it wasn't all that easy. It took them a little while but they got it done.

 After finishing the plane everyone was hungry, we decided to go for a late breakfast at Perkins. We all got breakfast except Hailey, she went with a cheeseburger and fries.

Well after being entertained during our brunch, we finished up and headed back to the kids home. Around lunch time Seth and Katie got home so we went home then. Justin and Molly came out for dinner. Jeff made them some salmon on the grill. We showed them the lodge we rented for their rehearsal dinner next year. They thought it would work good. After they went home we sat down and relaxed. That was one busy weekend.
Tuesday September 8- After all the excitement I was a bit slow to start. I went up and gave my shower house some extra cleaning. Went to Walmart to get some supplies. Took a quick look in the clearance isle. Jeff saw an easy bake oven. I wanted to get Hailey that for Christmas so we picked that up. We like to get all the Christmas for the kids bought and wrapped before we leave for warmer temps. After getting lunch we took advantage of the Tuesday special at the movie theater. This time we saw A Walk In The Woods. Jeff and I both really liked this one. Again we skipped the popcorn its so hard to get that out of the routine...I love movie popcorn. Its still kinda warm but the temperatures are dropping a little.
Wednesday September 9- Well its cooled off more, just about perfect out there. I took advantage of the weather and went for a long walk. Jeff finished up the cleaning on the outside of the truck. I also did a little cleaning inside. Since it was so nice I even gave the dogs a bath outside. They didn't care for that too much. We had an early supper and went in to watch Hailey tumble. She gets so excited for the class and she really pays close attention to the instructions. Its really fun to watch.

That was a good way to end the day. Its always good when you can spend time with your grandkids.
Thursday September 10- Another real pretty day. On my way to clean the shower house I spotted a rainbow. The funny thing was it hadn't even rained. Little did I know that was to come later. I went on my walk and as I was finishing up it started to sprinkle. I had to pick up the pace. It just sprinkled a little. I cleaned out some cabinets while the weather was wet. It cleared up and we went outside to work on our to do list. Jeff brought in the slides so he could wax above them. I waxed under the front cap. I washed the RV tire covers and my bike. Jeff greased the shackles. We both felt like we accomplished some important tasks today. We had supper and then went in to watch the grandson at hockey practice. He is really getting good and his listening skills are improving too.

Friday September 11- It just doesn't matter how much time passes, that date always brings back very horrible images. It is a very beautiful day out today. The sky's are blue with lots of very white fluffy clouds. Jeff made us a campfire this morning to sit and enjoy our coffee with. A funny thing happened today....well Jeff thought it was funny. We were talking to our neighbors, I was standing under the edge of there awning. A big gust of wind came and a whole bunch of water that was in there awning came down right on my head. Everyone thought it was funny....I thought it was cold. It almost seemed like someone was up there and dumped a 5 gallon bucket of water on me. Since it was so breezy I went ahead and did the laundry. After supper we headed into the ice rink because Ashton is having tryouts for the traveling hockey team.We thought he did good but the tryouts continue tomorrow. I am sure he had the biggest support system there. He had 12 people there cheering him on...silently because you couldn't yell.  It's hard for me to be quiet.
Saturday September 12- Started off with cleaning the shower house. I try to get up there early before all the campers wake up. I walked and made some kettle corn for later. We headed back to the ice rink to watch the second part of try outs. Ashton did a good job again. They won't find out the results until next week. Went over to Seth and Katie's to watch the Iowa Hawkeye's play Iowa State.  The Hawkeye's weren't really playing that good and so we left at half time to head home. We brought Ashton home with us to stay over night. We actually got to finish watching the game at home and after halftime they looked a lot better and they won!!! 31-17.
After the game Ashton wanted to try out his fire starter so Papa helped him. He did a good job and they made FIRE!!
 The rest of they evening we just relaxed and watched some T.V.

Sunday September 13- It was a bit cool this morning. Ashton and Jeff started us a morning fire.  We had a fire log and that worked real wel. It was a perfect fire to sit and drink coffee by.
 The fire was so perfect we decided to be a bit crazy and have marshmallows for a morning snack. Ashton figured out who the best marshmallow cook is.....Grammy.
 We watched as everyone started pulling out. We got Ashton's Wright Brothers Flyer out and sent it on its maiden voyage. It took awhile to figure it out but the wind picked up so we put it away.

 We hung around the campsite. Jeff showed Ashton some knots to tie and after a few tries he caught on pretty quick. Jeff got Ashton's new fishing pole rigged up and gave Ashton some tackle to put in his new tackle box. They took the bikes and rode over to try and fish a little. They weren't gone very long and came back. Ashton had a headache. We ended up taking him back home a bit early cause he headache got worse. We had supper and called it a day.

Monday September 14-I got an early phone call this morning. It was Seth, Ashton is still not feeling well. I'm going in and spending the day there. I packed up and got some things to keep me busy for the day and headed to town. I did get my laundry done. It was a long day there. I decided to go get the scrapbooks that I have stored there and take a look. That was a fun, I haven't looked at them for 3 years. I came home as soon as Seth got home from work.

Tuesday September 15-I felt I had a lot to do today. I didn't do any cleaning in the shower house yesterday, Jeff did it for me. So after I cleaned there I came back and got started with some things here. I cleaned out the microwave, sinks and my favorite job defrosting the freezer. Jeff was busy outside, he replaced a switch on the back bigfoot. We have had some problems with it bringing the foot all the way up. Sometimes it works sometimes not.  Jeff then has been trying to figure out what I did to the computer....because I couldn't get the blog to work right. I'm not sure what I did but Jeff got it fixed. So now I have some serious catching up to do.

Wednesday September 16- Today was really nice out, warmer than usual but there is plenty of wind. Went in to get supplies. Soffee our weiner dog is having more medical issues. It looks like another vet visit is in the works. I took advantage of the apple tree in the campground and made some apple crisp. Boy was that good. Went in to watch Hailey at tumbling. She's so fun to watch. I used to do dance in my younger days.

 After tumbling we stopped at Justin's to get our mail. Then we headed back home.

Thursday September 17- It was a very rainy day. We called the vet this morning and they told us to bring Soffee in. They looked at her gave her some medicine and home we went. I get so scared every time she has those problems. I don't know what we can do to avoid it. She is 13 and looks very gray. We are very used to her being around. Them pets sometimes a real pain but don't know what I would do without them. It rained the whole day. I did some quilting and we did make it in to watch Ashton's hockey practice. He found out today that he made the team. He was so excited about the news and we are very proud.

Friday September 18- It was really a wet day today. I went to the eye doctor today. I got a pair od glasses ordered. The ones I'm wearing I have had for 3 years. My eye doctor is in Walmart so after my appointment we looked around and we found Ashton's Christmas gift. It rained all afternoon. I mean it poured rain. We met some friends at White Star Ale House downtown. Janie and John Dean, they are full time RVers too. Justin was playing at White Star tonight so after dinner we listened to them play. The rain just wouldn't quit. The show was good.

 Saturday September 19- We got up early and it came quick since we had a late night. The good news the rain had moved out and it was a beautiful day. Jeff's brother Fritz and his wife Shawn came up this morning. We met them at there hotel and went down to the farmers market. It's the last one of the season but the first one we made it to. The weather was perfect for that. Justin and Molly met us down there too. We didn't get much but it was fun to walk around and look. After we decided to go for lunch. We called Seth and Katie and they met us at Emil's Hideaway. Justin and Molly came too. We had a great lunch. Everyone had something different and all of us liked it. The best part was the dessert. Molly and I shared it and I cant even tell you what the name of the pie was but I can tell you it was super good.
 After lunch everyone went there own way. Fritz and Shawn came out to the campground and we visited first then made supper. The Hawkeyes wee playing a night game tonight. After supper we went in to Seth's and watch the game. The girls were upstairs helping Molly with the wedding guest list. The Hawkeye's won 27-24 with a 57 yard field goal with no time left. Yeah Hawkeye's!!

Sunday September 20-The park is still full but not for long. Fritz called us and they came out to the park. The weather was great again. We took a nice walk around the park. We made some chicken noodle soup for lunch and Jeff made Fritz some of his healthy bread pudding. It was nice to sit and visit with family. We took the dogs for a walk after our company left. Then we got the dogs stuff together and took them to Justin and Molly's. We are going to Chicago tomorrow and they get to doggy sit.