Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

PAUL McCARTNEY CONCERT

 
Well Sunday evening was enjoyed with a retirement gift to ourselves with a trip to Downtown St Louis and the Paul McCartney show at the Scott Trade Center

Wow, what a great night and truly incredible performance by a musical legend. This man can still perform and play with the best of them even though he is 70 years old! The show opened with Paul and the band playing Magical Mystery Tour and concluded with THE END. There was no opening act because Paul does a three hour show!
Here is the set list:

1) “Magical Mystery Tour”
2) “Junior's Farm”
3) “All My Loving”
4) “Jet”
5) “Drive My Car”
6) “Sing the Changes”
7) “The Night Before”
8) “Let Me Roll It/Foxy Lady”
9) “Paperback Writer”
10) “The Long and Winding Road”
11) “Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five”
12) “Maybe I'm Amazed”
13) “I've Just Seen a Face”
14) “And I Love Her”
15) “My Valentine” (was before “Maybe I'm Amazed”)
16) “Blackbird”
17) “Here Today”
18) “Dance Tonight”
19) “Mrs. Vandebilt”
20) “Eleanor Rigby”
21) “Something”
22) “Band on the Run”
23) “Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da”
24) “Back in the USSR”
25) “I've Got a Feeling”
26) “A Day in the Life”/“Give Peace a Chance”
27) “Let It Be”
28) “Live and Let Die”
29) “Hey Jude”
30) Encore: “Lady Madonna”
31) "Birthday"
32) “Day Tripper”
33) “Get Back”
34) Encore 2: “Yesterday”
35) “Helter Skelter”
36) “Golden Slumbers”/”Carry That Weight”/”The End.”

Did I mention that this was one of my all time favorite shows. What a fun evening with my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment